Trentino Volley in season 2010/2011

Michal 493
2010-11-01 • 4820 views • 32 replies
The new season has just started, that means a lot of playing for the World's and European club champions.

First they will have to defend the title of the best team in the World fought in Quatar last year.

Then comes the Italian Supercup (29 December 2010)- an opportunity to take a small revenge on Cuneo for the last final battle of Serie A.

Later on there's another trophy to defend- the Italian Cup which is a pass to the Chamions League 2011/2012.

Champions League (Pool D with VFB Friedrischafen (GER), PGE Skra Bełchatów (POL) and Remat Zalau (ROM). Trentino is going to fight for the 3rd title in the row, which would be a replay of the historical achievement of Modena in the first 3 editions of the most important club competition in Europe!

In the end comes a taste for the most, as they say important thing this year- Scudetto, which is basically THE HARDEST CLUB VOLLEYBALL TITLE TO REACH, due to difficulty of the Italian League.

Team's lineup 2010/11:

Spikers: Jan Stokr (CZE), Tsvetan Sokolov (BUL)
Setters: Raphael de Oliveira (BRA), Łukasz Żygadło (POL)
Receivers: Matey Kaziyski (BUL), Osmany Juantorena (CUB), Dorre Della Lunga (ITA), Valentin Bratoev (BUL)
Middle blockers: Riad Ribeiro (BRA), Emanuelle Birarelli (ITA), Andrea Sala (ITA), Nicola Leonardi (ITA)
Liberos: Andrea Bari (ITA), Massimo Colaci (ITA)

#ItasTrentino

Trentino Volley in season 2010/2011
NightFox 1457 14
13 years ago
+1
BG Trento ?
RenanZ 1538 15
13 years ago
Awesome Trento...!!!
Someone 875 10
13 years ago
Where Visotto went?
RenanZ 1538 15
13 years ago
But for sure SESI will take that tittle !!!
InivaridU 504 6
13 years ago
+1
I hope in this season Trentino will won all 3 cups ?
Zyta 1332 11
13 years ago
+1
all 5 ?
MichalAuthor 493 10
13 years ago
+1
I wish them all 5, but it will be extremely hard, even though the team is now well balanced. For me Vissotto was someone special in Trento, he's 1 of the 3 best opposite players in the world. Stokr is a monster, already played 2 great games in serie A, probably will offer Trento a lot, ofc he's still not unique like "Leo", but who knows, Rado Stoychev is commonly known as a coach, who makes players show everything best they have (the Brazilian Giant is a great example). Won't surprise me if he does the same with "Drobek".

Forza Trento ? !
Roninho 758 13
13 years ago
+2
I think that a podium would be this: 1.Vôlei Futuro 2.Sesi São Paulo 3. Pinheiros
The Brazilian league is aligned. Importantly, the key roles played by Brazilian players.
MichalAuthor 493 10
13 years ago
Yesterday, as the result of participation in the upcoming Club World Championship in Quatar, Trento faced Copra Morpho Piacenza in PalaTrento, in 10th stage of Serie A winning 3:0. The most valueable player of this game was Raphael. Also the shape of the rest of the team makes me really optimistic. Osmany scored 13 out of 18, which gives 72% and played a great match as well as Jan Stokr and Dore Della Lunga.
MichalAuthor 493 10
13 years ago
+1
Also claimed a victory on Sunday against Monza 3:0 ?
Zyta 1332 11
13 years ago
Is anyone going for Skra - Trento match in Lodz?
MichalAuthor 493 10
13 years ago
Another victory, this time over one of the candidates to the title- Macerata after 5 sets.
MichalAuthor 493 10
13 years ago
Definitely the best match of the first round in the Champions League by Trento and VFB.
Zyta 1332 11
13 years ago
Yes, but Trento played enough to win but nothing special, maybe because of first match with Mikasa ball's, I hope that is the only reason.
Damaris 22 1
13 years ago
Hey guys, I have question for somebody who's informed.
When I was watching their last match in Champions League I saw strange acquaintance eagle on player's t-shirts. Whether I didn't pay attention for that earlier (in previous seasons) or simply it wasn't there?
What is he symbolizing? Does somebody know?
InivaridU 504 6
13 years ago
@Damaris this is a symbol of Club World Champions ?
Zyta 1332 11
13 years ago
+1
@InivaridU
Are you sure? Because Itas Diatec has an eagle in logo http://www.cr-lavis.net/clientfiles/Cassa_32/images/loghi/ITAS_ASSICURAZIONI1.jpg
and I thought they have it on t-shirt because of that ;)
Damaris 22 1
13 years ago
InivaridU, I heard (Drzyzga or Swędrowski said) that symbol of Club WC is rainbow on their sleeves. ?
Zyta, oh it must be that. Thanks guys a lot. It torment me so much. ?

BTW. This eagle on their t-shirts looks identical like our national emblem.
Zyta 1332 11
13 years ago
So, Zygadlo still play with an eagle on t-shirt ?

Damaris thanks for info about rainbow, cause I noticed that and didn't know why they got it.
MichalAuthor 493 10
13 years ago
Not exactly- the rainbow can symbolize they're current world champions (according to famous cyclist rainbow shirts), not the tournament itself.
MichalAuthor 493 10
13 years ago
+1
After their first defeat in this season against Skra Trento managed to win against Vibo Valentia. The match was basically under control, only the 3rd set could bring some trouble in case of losing concentration. Matey Kaziyski proves he's about to catch his normal service rhythm with 4 aces today. Osmany can play only better day by day. The situation in the CL can become really unpredictable, especially when you mind the fact this team always present the best volleyball in the middle and the end of the season.
Zyta 1332 11
13 years ago
If someone noticed that Sokolov played in second set as a middle blocker in match with Zalau? I think Stoychev trying that option just in case, cause Birarelli and Sala have injuries. If something would happend to Stokr they can play with Kazyiski, Osmany and Della Lunga, but they need a alternative if something happend to Riad or Leonardi.
MichalAuthor 493 10
13 years ago
That's how they knocked Roeselare in the last edition. They secured reception with Herpe while Kaziyski was diagonal and played very well on the right side.
Zyta 1332 11
13 years ago
I remember, they tried that also in match with Resovia in Rzeszow, when Leo had problem with arm again.
InivaridU 504 6
13 years ago
@Zyta (14:41 27/11/2010) totally right ? I don't read Damaris comment carefully ? The symbol of World Champions is of course that rainbow on their sleeves ? I don't know why I make such big mistake ?
Zyta 1332 11
13 years ago
InivaridU
no worries, everything explained now ?
OyeaH 158 3
12 years ago
+3
Champions ?
OyeaH 158 3
12 years ago
Yeah nice game by him and Kaziyski...
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
+1
Stokr rocks!

Can someone upload later video from ceremony, because I hadn't chance to see it?
samueleke 393 8
12 years ago
I hope that Mathijs Verhanneman get the atention that he need ?
SorenZ 27 2
12 years ago
Massimo Colaci must play more ?
proud 722 9
12 years ago
Zyta,I've uploaded the decoration ceremony here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3Rfj0D0VGQ
Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking