Zaksa KEDZIERZYN-KOZLE (POL)
Remat ZALAU (ROU) wild card
Zenit KAZAN (RUS)
Lokomotiv NOVOSIBIRSK (RUS)
ACH Volley BLED (SLO)
Partizan Termoelektro BEOGRAD (SRB)
Fenerbahce ISTANBUL (TUR)
Arkas IZMIR (TUR)

24 clubs from 16 nations will join the next CEV CL. Three new entry: Partizan Belgrado (Serbia champion), Lokomotiv NOVOSIBIRSK (Russian cup), and Euphony ASSE-LENNIK form Belgium.

The torunaments will be sorted 1st July evening in Vienna

#ChampionsLeague201112

The 24 clubs of 2011-2012 CEV CL
Kk15Author 1301 11
12 years ago
ps: could someone explain what exactly is a "wild card" and how the CEV chose the teams that deserve it? =)
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
+1
no Dynamo Moscow ?
Kk15Author 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
That's surprised me too, I though Russia can have 3 teams like Italy.

I'm curious to know how they assigned the wild cards..
saku 1032 9
12 years ago
+1
CEV want to volleyball get more popular in countires like romania, thay want to promote this sport, its officail..
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
CSKA Sofia got wild cart because their owner is sponsor of Challenge Cup, at least the women version, and of course, because of the results - not defeated at home, won vs Ziraat, Kazan, Zaksa,
Joachim7 321 4
12 years ago
+1
Raylight Roeselare wasn't defeated at home and they didn't get a wild card despite winning against Skra,Moscow,Panatinaikos and Innsbruck...
Kk15Author 1301 11
12 years ago
I can understand that CEV wants to diffond vb in Romania, but last year Remat Zalau has never won a match, and won only 1 set...

http://www.cev.lu/mmp-cgi/show.pl

uhm, I remember Cuneo getting the second place in his pool (as best second), while they arrived firstO.o
Kk15Author 1301 11
12 years ago
But they need to be stronger to fight in CL. This year the last matches in Remat Zalau pool were Skra-Remat and Trento-Friedrichshafen, and it was so obvious that Skra would take 3 points getting the first position in the pool that Trento go to Germany without Sala, Juantorena and I think Stokr, because they knew they will arrive 2nd both if they would win or lose the match.
Last year they had their chance, but - I'm sorry to say that - they didn't use it very well.

I think Dinamo deserves to be there, they are the third club in Europe according to last CL results! And Russia deserves to have 3 teams in the CL, considering that 2/4 clubs in the final4 were russian, and that Zenit, Dinamo, Belgorod all reach the play offs.
luck191 287 7
12 years ago
Good idea from CEV.CEV want to volleyball get more popular in Macedonia and Romania.
Joachim7 Three teams from Belgium.It's joke.Poland and Russia have better teams.
Currently from these states they can play three teams
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Funny Unintentional joke is funny ?
Joachim7 321 4
12 years ago
Luck191 I don't think Resovia is stronger than Roeselare ?
But moscow is stronger so they deserved to get a wild card...:s
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
It is not only about the strongest teams - it is about strong teams from different countries. The strongest teams should have won their place, not waiting for wild carT ?
luck191 287 7
12 years ago
Joachim
Polish league is better than Belgian league.
Kk15Author 1301 11
12 years ago
Tomorrow evening in Vienna the 6 pools will be definated, live streaming on laola1.it from 8 p.m.

The 24 clubs are divided in 4 categories according to their ranking referred to the European Cups of 2007/2008, 2008-2009, 2009-2010. In each pool there will be a team from each category.
I don't know if it's possible that team from the same national championship will be in the same pool, somebody knows?

In the first one there are the 6 best clubs, that are going to be the "heads of the series" (in italian "teste di serie", I've no idea how to traslate it!! sorry): Trentino Diatec, Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo, (Italy); Zenit Kazan, Lokomotiv Novosibirsk (Russia); Iraklis Thessaloniki (Greece); PGE Skra Belchatow (Poland).

Then they will pick the teams from the second category to join one of the "teste di serie", and Zaska has to be the first to be picked: Zaksa Kedzierzyn-Kozle (Poland); Stade Poitevin Poitiers e Tours Vb (France); Noliko Maaseik e Euphony Asse-Lennik (Belgium); Fenerbahce Istanbul (Turkey)

Then the teams of the third category, and Arkas Izmir will be picked at first: Arkas Izmir (Turkey); Cai Teruel (Spain); Vfb Friedrichshafen e Generali Untheraching (Germany); Hypo Tirol Innsbruck (Austria); ACH Volley Ljubljana (Slovenia)

At the end the teams of the 4th category, and Macerata will be picked as first (they are in this category because Macerata is italian third club, and because only Italy has 3 clubs they have to be insert here): Lube Banca Marche Macerata (Italy); Partizan Termoelektro Beograd (Serbia); Jihostroj Ceske Budejovice (Czech Republic); Budvanska Rivijera Budva (Montenegro); Remat Zalau (Romania); Cska Sofia (Bulgaria).

That's mean that one pool will have Macerata as the "weaker" team. Lucky xD

Kk15Author 1301 11
12 years ago
POOL A: Noliko Maaseik (Belgio), Iraklis Thessaloniki (Grecia), Arkas Izmir (Turchia), Cska Sofia (Bulgaria).

POOL B: Zenit Kazan (Russia), Euphony Asse-Lennik (Belgio), Vfb Friedrichshafen (Germania), Remat Zalau (Romania).

POOL C: Trentino Diatec (Italia), Zaksa Kedzierzyn-Kozle (Polonia), Cai Teruel (Spagna), Partizan Termoelektro Beograd (Serbia).

POOL D: Stade Poitevin Poitiers (Francia), Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo, (Italia), Generali Untheraching (Germania), Jihostroj Ceske Budejovice (Repubblica Ceca).

POOL E: Fenerbahce Istanbul (Turchia), Lokomotiv Novosibirsk (Russia), Hypo Tirol Innsbruck (Austria), Lube Banca Marche Macerata (Italia).

POOL F: PGE Skra Belchatow (Polonia), Tours Vb (Francia), ACH Volley Ljubljana (Slovenia), Budvanska Rivijera Budva (Montenegro).

samueleke 393 8
12 years ago
I thought that Roeselare would be very nice as wild card... :s ?
Get volleyball job offersAre you looking for a new volleyball club?Get job offersGet volleyball job offers
Are you looking for a new volleyball club?Get job offers