Do you play better with knee pads on or off?

2011-12-04 • 9877 views • 14 replies
Off=jump higher(more movement)
On=less injury
Berny 606 6
12 years ago
+2
On=less injury
On=it has nothing to jump higher or more movement.
I beg all players mainly younger players: please play with knee pads on. You save your knees in the future.
camnow 380 4
12 years ago
+1
Usually i play with knee pads off. why? Because this is more comfortable...
Michal 493 10
12 years ago
+2
The only reason I wear them is because I hate when my knees get cold during the game. It's annoying, especially combined with jumper's knee injury. They have nothing to do with jumping higher/lower though (unless you are talking about medieval knight's iron knee pads).
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
+1
I'm playing just with left one ;] - why ? I don't know ... I play like this 5 years already and when I go for a dig only my left knee touches the floor. It's unusual but I prefer that way ?
RevanExtasis 746 11
12 years ago
+1
in cuba no one use that even leon that can injury one knee for jumping hing all the time or hernandez even keibel our litle dont use that
Basil 47 1
12 years ago
+2
I recommend to use knee pads to safe game. Sometimes you need to dig the ball standing on your knee on the floor, or to dive for a ball. It's much more comfortable to keep the knees healthy. Moreover, kneepads make knees warmer, that helps to warmup quicker.
Of course, they can't increase your vertical jump (unfortunately), but help you to be in good shape during the game.
matt52 27 1
12 years ago
+1
but as the time goes, you train, as it was to me: after a while I learnt how to dig without touching the floor with knees

at first use kneepads to learn how to dig..then they won't be necessary
samueleke 393 8
12 years ago
+2
On: it's a mental fact for me.. without i havn't the courage to dig, with them on I dig to balls that no one can have. ?
saku 1032 9
12 years ago
knee pads are usefull whe you start to play, why? you dont have skills to dont touch knees to the floor, when you are more experienced you can dig without touching knees to the floor

like matt52 said
Buziak_PL 97 2
12 years ago
+1
I'm sorry Saku but You are not right. I'm libero and I sometimes find myself in different situations and positions during match, because the most important thing is to receive or defend that fuc*ing ball as well as it is possible and I think my kness wouldn't look well without kneepads ?.
It's really not only about digging, diggind is obviously easy without touching by knees, I love it, but sometimes You don't even have enough time to make it properly
Kjeldhor 1059 17
12 years ago
off... i'll take off t-shirt also... but i can't >_>
nyshek 434 5
12 years ago
I don't like play with knee pads : )
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
This is a very interesting thread!
I'm a girl and I always wonder how the hell guys can play without knee pads! In fact who follows female volleyball knows that everyone use it. And I perfectly understand them, because I don't think I'll be able to play without it!! At least not wearing shorts :S
Guys, I'm full of blue marks on my knees even with knee pads (and a good type: the same of italian female NT)!!! xD

But I have to say that I play in gym with a very hard floor, whereas the mondoflex is way tender so it's a bit different.

ps: I know that male often do not touch the floor with the knees digging a ball, but "often" isn't "always"!
oioi 370 5
12 years ago
I consider knee pads ugly. At least a very few players look right in them (Giba, Świderski etc.)
Temporarily disabled
Translate VolleyboxWould you like to help the project?Translate VolleyboxTranslate Volleybox
Would you like to help the project?Translate Volleybox