Belgium's team for Qualifications WC

samueleke 2013-04-16 • 2582 views • 18

Bondscoach Domenique Baeyens have selected the following players for the games in de first periode of the Quali's (2 May- 8June) and the games for EC against Greece (1 June and 8 June)

Setters: Frank Depestele, Tim Verschueren
Opposites: Bram Van Den Dries, Gert Van Walle, Hendrik Tuerlinckx
Wing-Spikers: Sam Deroo, Matthijs Verhanneman, Gertjan Claes, Kevin Klinkenberg, Tomas Rousseax
Middle Blockers: Pieter Coolman, Simon Van De Voorde, Pieter Verhees
Libero's: Stijn Dejonckheere, Bert Derkoningen

For the second periode of the Qualifications and the possible EC He will selected more players..

What are your thoughts ??

18 comments

Joachim7BE 321 4
10 years ago
First game of our NT today and we won against Austria 3-1 =)
The starting six was the one I predicted ;-)
Depestele-Tuerlinckx,Deroo-Klinkenberg,Van de Voorde,Verhees,Dejonckeere
vatreniME 275 12
11 years ago
I said earlier, that Beljgium has one of the most talented teams in Europe, and it would not be surprise if they win some medals in future competitions. my favorite players are Sam Deroo, Depestle and Van Walle, for me first opposite of Belgian NT.
Joachim7BE 321 4
11 years ago
Dude Our team is already better than The Netherlands, we beat them 2 times during the qualifications for the european championship.And although I do not have any result to relly on, I'm convinced we also are better than Finland.
samuelekeBEAuthor 393 8
11 years ago
Normally they will dude ?
dudePL 46 3
11 years ago
absolutely good team, they can be a team like Finland or Netherlands or better. I hope that Belgium will cometite in World League in 2014
Joachim7BE 321 4
11 years ago
The second OH is quite a mystery, we will have to wait untill the first game to really see who will play...
samuelekeBEAuthor 393 8
11 years ago
I don't think that Kevin wil; play.. As you said he didn't plat his best season, more he didn't played at all.. He never played whole games..
Joachim7BE 321 4
11 years ago
I do not agree with your predictions for starting six
In my opinion it will be Depestele-Tuerlinckx,Deroo-Klinkenberg,Verhees-Van de Voorde,Dejonckeere
I choosed Tuerlinckx because this is his season, he's been on fire all the year while Van Den Dries is a reserve player in A1 since the second part of the season.Van Walle might have a shot because he's such a good server and blocker but the main quality of an opposite is to be a good spiker and Tuerlinckx has really become a top one.Also I choosed him because of his relationship with Depestele (they played in Knack together)
The choice of the second OH (Deroo is obvious) is the most dificult.Verhanneman didn't recover that well after his injury and he's still underperforming this season.Claes has always been very solid and reliable player in NT but he's been a substitude for most of the year and I wonder how much this will affect him.Klinkenberg didn't play the season of his life but he's good all-around player and when in form he's for me the best out of these 3 players.Then there is Rousseaux...This guy is obviously very talented and he took the place of Claes in Roeselare so we might think he will have his chance in NT but in the other hand he is still very young and I'm not sure if he's ready for the big scene quite yet.Rousseaux is the X factor for me, I really don't know what will be the choice of the coach concerning him.
samuelekeBEAuthor 393 8
11 years ago
The 3 opposites are quite equel indeed.. That is a luxe voor our Bondscoach.. They will make each other better! But in my opinio Van Den Dries is just that little beter.. He has something in his plays... =)
thrizerBE 18 1
11 years ago
Van den Dries, Van Walle and Tuerlinckx have all equal chances to be in the starting six I think.
pearlIT 1003 11
11 years ago
+1
@samueleke: I think that your starting six is the most probable; my only doubt is related to the opposite, Van den Dries can be the first option but also Van Walle may have a chance imo.
thrizerBE 18 1
11 years ago
+2
+ Hendrik Tuerlinckx = MVP of competition and play-offs in Belgian competition, elected as best player of this season, champion and cup winner with Knack Roeselare

+ Stijn Dejonckheere elected as best reciever in Belgian competition (passed this season 69,69 % perfectly)

+ Gert Van Walle = champion in Serie A2

And about Sam Deroo: he is elected by all the coaches and captains of every team in Serie A1 as best young player in the Italian competition.

I think there's potential in this group.
samuelekeBEAuthor 393 8
11 years ago
+1
My predediciton for starting six:

setter: Frank Depestele
Opposite: Bram Van Den Dries (Hendik Tuerlinckx)
Wing-spikers: Sam Deroo, Matthijs Verhanneman
Middle Blockers: Simon Van de Voorde, Pieter Verhees
Libero; Stijn Dejocnckheere

@oioi: Wout is now an Italian, so he can't play anymore for our NT... A large disapointment for me...

@bitka: Seriously???? Sam Deroo best new guy of Italian competition, Frank Depestele is like an Legende in the world of volleyball, Verhanneman was under contract with Trento (But played first for Ravenna and then for an A2 team)... All the other players are from Belgium topteams who played well in the Champions League...
thrizerBE 18 1
11 years ago
Because Wijsmans changed his nationality to Italian few years ago.
bitkaPL 673 10
11 years ago
seriously i know 5 names out of 15. while watching CL i could see some belgian players but besides Frank Depestele they're not world known yet ? but this who i know has a big chance to become great players, they're young and perspective
oioiPL 370 5
11 years ago
I know about half of names. What's your prediction for starting six Joachim7?

And I have a question, why Wout Wijsmans isn't playing for the national team?
Joachim7BE 321 4
11 years ago
Seriously bitka you don't know these players? ?

Concerning my thoughts, I was very surprised by the absence of Raymaekers but the rest of the selection was 100% predictable.
bitkaPL 673 10
11 years ago
"What are your thoughts??"

my first thought? "i don't know this guys..." ?
Create volleyball agency websiteAre you owner of volleyball agency?Create your websiteCreate volleyball agency website
Are you owner of volleyball agency?Create your website