Andreoli Latina defeat Fenerbahce 3:2 in the 1st final match of Challange Cup 2013/14

vtnklmdc 2014-03-27 • 3046 views

Andreoli Latina defeat Fenerbahce 3:2 in the 1st final match of Challange Cup 2013/14

A remarkable match took place this evening at the Palabianchini competition hall in Latina.  The Italian team of Andreoli LATINA managed to survive multiple match points for the opponent in two different sets against visiting Fenerbahçe Grundig ISTANBUL to master a complete turnaround from 0:2 sets and 22-24 in the third and eventually win the first leg of the 2014 CEV Volleyball Challenge Cup - Men’s final clash by a heart-stopping 3:2 (30-32, 18-25, 26-24, 25-21, 16-14).  1,387 spectators became witnesses of a once-in-a-lifetime drama that took 2 hours and 20 minutes to determine the winner.

"It is the first time that I had to face Miljkovic, after so many games we played together in the Serbian national team,” Starovic admits.  “I have to say it was exciting. As far as the match, I have to congratulate all my teammates.  In front of our audience we showed a great character, but we have not won the Cup yet."

"A round of applause for Skrimov who put us back into the game in the third set, obviously with the help of everybody else. The fans, the city, the club - they all deserved this victory," adds libero Salvatore Rossini.

Fenerbahce’s player Leonell Marshall comments: "I was expecting a final like this. Too bad for not having closed the tie-breaker.  Now we will put everything into the game at home."

Andreoli Latina - Fenerbahçe Stambuł 3:2
(30:32, 18:25, 26:24, 25:21, 16:14)

Team rosters:
Andreoli: Skrimov 21, Starović 21, Verhees 14, Noda 13, Candellaro 7, Sottile 2, Fragkos 1,  Rossini (libero)
Fenerbahçe:  Miljković 26, Marshall 20,  Fonteles 16, Basaran 12, Ekşi 9, Gök 9, Kilic (libero)

Stats: http://www.cev.lu/Competition-Area/MatchStatistics.aspx?ID=25846

Photos:

#TopVolleyCisterna #ChallengeCup201314 #FenerbahceIstanbul

0 comments

Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking