World League 2013: Finals in Argentina

Volleybox 440
2013-03-15 • 3083 views • 10 replies
FIVB has confirmed that Argentina will host the Finals of the 2013 World League in Mar del Plata from July 17 to 21.

Argentina, in particular the city of Mar del Plata, has an extensive history of hosting volleyball events having staged the FIVB World League Finals in 1999, the 2002 FIVB Men’s World Championship and three FIVB World Tour Opens from 1998 to 2000. In 2010 the city of Cordoba played host to the World League Finals.

The finals will feature the top two teams from groups A and B, the winner of group C and the host nation. As Argentina is in group A and is already among the qualified teams, the best ranked team of group A, not already qualified, will be selected.

At last year’s Finals in Sofia, the Polish team led by coach Andrea Anastasi, picked up their first ever World League title after overcoming USA 3-0 in the final. Cuba collected the bronze medal, their first since 2005, while hosts Bulgaria were also on impressive form as they finished fourth.

Group A: Brazil, Poland, USA, Bulgaria, Argentina, France
Group B: Russia, Italy, Cuba, Serbia, Germany, Iran
Group C: Canada, Korea, Finland, Netherlands, Japan, Egypt

source: fivb.org

#Argentina #WorldLeague2013

World League 2013: Finals in Argentina
RenanZ 1538 15
11 years ago
+6
They have the Pope and now the Finals...
RevanExtasis 746 11
11 years ago
and nw will be a final six. the fivb say that only 2 teams in pool A and B and 1 of the C plus the final host
Nagor 1445 14
11 years ago
Please tell me that group C is a f...ing joke...
RevanExtasis 746 11
11 years ago
they do that for give a spot in the final for those weak teams
RevanExtasis 746 11
11 years ago
if is a final 6 for me Poland and Brazil or USA are in and for the B Russia and Italy no doubt CUba like always playing with kids and serbia well they have to create another leader for this olympic period
Nagor 1445 14
11 years ago

they do that for give a spot in the final for those weak teams

WHAT!? Finals are for best teams... In group C there is no even medium team...
11 years ago
+1
1) Brazil
2) Russia
3) Italy
4) Poland
5) Bulgaria
6) USA
7) Cuba
8) Germany
9) Serbia
10) Argentina
11) France
12) Iran
13) Canada
14) Finland
15) Netherlands
16) Egypt
17) Korea
18) Japan

My predications...lets see if they will be correct! ?

Voxito 139 4
11 years ago
+1
10 Argentina? But if we are qualified for Final six lol
Nagor 1445 14
11 years ago
HAHA ?

Please compare gropu B and C... I cant stand that some teams from group C will be in finals... ?
dude 46 3
11 years ago
group C is only experiment and chance for others, ambitious teams, but only 1 team from this group can take place in finals
Temporarily disabled
Create volleyball agency websiteAre you owner of volleyball agency?Create your websiteCreate volleyball agency website
Are you owner of volleyball agency?Create your website