Wilfredo Leon to play for Poland?

przemek16 808
+3
2015-04-02 • 13458 views • 10 replies

There are rumours that Wilfredo Leon would like to get Polish citizenship and play for their national team. Is that true? 

"Yes, it is. I want to play for Poland, but it is difficult to say when this will happen. Rio 2016? Unfortunately I think this comes too early but maybe after the Olympics I will be able to play for the Polish national team. However, much will depend on their Volleyball Federation and whether they want to see me in their national team. Right now I am waiting for their response", said Wilfredo Leon.

Anything is possible! What do you think? 

Wilfredo Leon  (MVP) of the  Champions  League 2014/15.  Wilfredo Leon  received an  award for the  Best Receiver  and for the Most  Valuable Player  with 45 points  overall in two  matches in Berlin.

#Poland #WilfredoLeon

Wilfredo Leon to play for Poland?
casamodena 505 4
8 years ago
+1
Cuban federation will soon change their weird NT players' recruiting policy. And then what will he do? I'm referring also to Juantorena who is said to play for Italy next World League and ECH. Fantastic players,no doubt on that, but I think they must play in their respective NTs . A national team by definition requires national identity first. How about them? Imho just a signed citizenship paper is ridiculous. This is football-like volleyball and I don't like it at all.
8 years ago
@casamodena: Juantorena will not play in WL because of his back injury.
casamodena 505 4
8 years ago
@Wilfredo_is_Marshall: Correct, he's on the list for ECH only.
bacha 4 1
8 years ago
@casamodena: Who will beat Cuba when they will completed their NT? ?
rbk17 143 2
8 years ago
@bacha:
Come down, they have only 2 players Leon and Juantorena, this is not 100% sure for winning.
Olwap 105 3
8 years ago
Leon will have a wife from Poland, his parents live in Poland and also he said that he connects he's future with Poland. Coach Antiga said sometime ago that he will surely give a chance to Leon when he will get the permition to play. I think that the most importat is the opinion of players who are currently playing in the NT - if they accept him as a partner OK, but if they refuse whole issue have no sense.
bacha 4 1
8 years ago
@Olwap: the truth is that the last word has PZPS (polish national volleyball association), not coach....
raylight 3006 15
8 years ago
+1
Neither Leon, nor Juantorena should play for other NT but Cuba. National teams are not club teams. Only a player trained from youth by some club in the country should be eligible for participation. This is cheating.
MaskYs 191 4
8 years ago
If you look on the HandBall side and the recent world championship in Qatar.
Qatar build a very strong team with more than the half of naturalization. Everything is possible with money and VB is not so different
8 years ago
@MaskYs: they bought their team and even the refs! the refs made such bad calls!!
Temporarily disabled
Create volleyball agency websiteAre you owner of volleyball agency?Create your websiteCreate volleyball agency website
Are you owner of volleyball agency?Create your website