Who will be European Champion 2011?

Volleybox 440
2011-08-28 • 8249 views • 45 replies
How do you think, who will be European Champion 2011? For me one and only favorite is winner of World League 2011: Russia.

European Champion 2009: Poland

European Champion 2007: Spain

European Champion 2005: Italy

#EuropeanChampionships2011

Who will be European Champion 2011?
Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
If we should think rationally it will be Russia, right? ?
But we can expect everything from all the teams..they are all preparing well and working hard for ECH..
oioi 370 5
12 years ago
+1
My bet is Russia or Italy. France, Serbia or Bulgaria will also fight for the medals and Czechs might make a surprise.
Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
You forgot Poland, mate..
Poland, Germany, Bulgaria.. they were on the same level in WL.
Roninho 758 13
12 years ago
+1
I agree with chrison. Poland does not have an attacker and setter. Jarosz is hopeless. The drum is in poor shape. Zygadlo not lost block. I prefer Drzyzga than Zygadlo. I hope that Bartman return to form in the european championship. Of course, the fan of Poland, but my silent favorite is Italy.
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Russia, Bulgaria, Italy, depending on the matches in the group. Also Poland, Serbia or Czech Republic have chances. Serbia are in a easy flow
qsek 831 10
12 years ago
+1
as always winner will be... Brazil!
;d

but seriously the only favorite is Russia
saku 1032 9
12 years ago
+2
Russia Italy Bulgaria , maby Czech or Poland
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
No doubt about that.

Austria!!!

=P

Being serous, I think Russia is the favourite one, but I also think there are other teams that can look for it, like Italy (ehm, I'm a little bit partial about that xD), Bulgaria, Poland as you said before, but also Czech, Serbia (I was a doubtful about them, but with Miljkovic back everything is possible... even if I think Grbic would have help more than him, considering who are their subs)
I'm curious to see Franch, but Bulgaria seemed to handle them easily (?) in the friendly matches, didn't they?

My dream final is a remake of 2005 final =)=)
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
My dream final is Bulgaria - Serbia, only Balkan teams ?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
It's a nice couple too!

But at the end I just care about Italy being there xD (and winning, possibly!!!). The other team doesn't matter to me ?

BTW, reaching the final it's also important for being in the World Cup... Better starting as soon as possible with the Olympics Qualification.
qsek 831 10
12 years ago
+5
1.Russia
2-4. Italy/Bulgaria/Czech Republic/France, maybe Poland
12 years ago
If starters are healthy, Russia. Mikhaylov and middles are too good and unstoppable when they are healthy. Poland is a close second but the gap is too big for Poland to pull an upset. Also there 's too much of a mismatch with the Russian blocks against any european teams
Overlook 280 5
12 years ago
My predictions are the same like qsek's. But I'm afraid about this last part, because only with Kurek in attack and sometimes MBs (when Zygadlo sets,not plays left/right) we couldn't show good volleyball. And I don't like criticize players personally, but how long we must wait for Jarosz shape? Russia is huge and I think that Italy has big chances to play with them in final.
oioi 370 5
12 years ago
Our problem is with opposite, we actually play without him plus a weak setter. France now might be strong because Ngapeth is back and can unweight Rouzier in the attack. Serbia with Miljkovic is dangerous too but I don't know in what shape is Ivan. Bulgaria as always is dangerous to everyone. Italy is in great shape and have many great and balanced wing spikers altough Lasko might not endure the whole tournament. Russia will probably win gold.
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
+2
Probably it will be Russia, but Bulgaria is played very strong games and we're in very good shape
saku 1032 9
12 years ago
+1
after what I saw in Poland Russia in Wagner memorial - Russia is going to be european champion
thier service was so regular and strong, I have never senn this before in russia team, in that moment they are very strong and what is the most important smarter than ever, this tip with block when Kubiak was attacing was amazing, also 3rd meter spikes by volkov and Ilnykh
Blawatek 47 2
12 years ago
My heart is always with Poland but objectively - I think Russia will take ECH, they're very very strong and I don't know if any team will be able to beat them.
Berny 606 6
12 years ago
Russia. And I hope, that Slovakia will be at least 8th :-)
casamodena 505 4
12 years ago
Italy's performance will be related to Bari and Savani reception % and the conditions of Lasko. If so we can fight for the finals.
I'm worried about Berruto's choice to call Bari as libero. Wasn't his terrible performance in Gdansk enough? Weren't any better players on there? Marra? De Pandis? Manià? Farina?
My teams to the finals: Russia - Bulgaria - Italy/Serbia/France/Poland
12 years ago
the final is Bulgaria Russia
nyshek 434 5
12 years ago
Italy is in good situation, because they won few matches before EC.Winning streak before tournament is very good for each team. But personally, the strongest team is Russia, and that's shouldn't be a surprise, if they will be a champion. I hope that Poland will be strong on this tournament. But right now, I think that could be difficult.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
@casamodena, in effect Giovi played titoular at the Wagner Memorial and he also took the award as best libero! I didn't see the matches, but sound good, no?=)

And I don't think Parodi will play titoular, so we have someone that can help Sava in reception sometimes ? (and garantee at the same time the pipe option!)
About Lasko, I have to hope he will be on his best when will need him?

@nyshek, I'm glad to heard that?, but after all we played great in the international tournament on the WL and quite collapse at the final8, so...
BTW, I do think we are in quite good shape, being honest and tring not to be partial?
valentine 2 1
12 years ago
+4
I really hope to see Bulgaria, Russia, Poland & Italy in Top 4... you never know what might happen, but I desire to see the Bulgarians with the silver/gold medals and of course lots of incredible volleyball =)
nyshek 434 5
12 years ago
+2
@kk15 , I know how Italy played in international round of WL, but it's better to win matches, even if it's not a big tournament.

About Russia- they could win this tournament, if they don't lose... in their brains. They're most difficult opponent for themselves.
fiore 142 3
12 years ago
+2
I have my thumbs up for Bulgaria to play and win the final!
Italy have a really strong team though. Also everyone considers Russia to be favorites but they are not impossible to defeat.
nyshek 434 5
12 years ago
+3
I don't know how Bulgaria played last few matches, but players like Kazyiski, Sokolov, Nikolov can make difference. If they will be in good form at EC, Bulgaria will be hard to beat.

I wish that Poland will be in top 4. But 2 years ago, we won 6 matches before tournament without lose, now we won only one match and lost 4. It's not sounds good. Łukasz Żygadło- he's a key player. If he will play with all zones, Poland can be strong.
daniel2224 63 5
12 years ago
in my opinion can win Russia, Italy, Serbia, Bulgaria or maybe Poland. But strongest is Russia and Italy.
nyshek 434 5
12 years ago
+1
@titisimon- next time try to write in english : )
nyshek 434 5
12 years ago
+2
you're welcome : )
mitsosboco 29 2
12 years ago
i think it's a good momentum for italy to comeback in titles...they played very well in world league but they didn't take a medal...maybe the european championships is their tournament...but russia remains the no1 to win!!!!
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+2
@mitsosboco I hope!

BTW, looking at the schedule I realized for the first time that Poland-Russia-Bulgaria can't be on the top 4 all togheter.

There will be two semifinalists from pool A and/or C, and two from pool B (Russia) and/or D (Poland, Bulgaria). (crossed)

So, what is your top 4?
At this point, I'll say Russia, Bulgaria, Serbia and I really really really hope Italy, but actually I won't be surprise at all if one between Poland-Czech Republic-Franch-Slovenia will join a semifinal. But I'll be a bit surprise if they will win the gold medal.

http://eurovolley2011.com/en/schedule.html

tysia 579 11
12 years ago
+1
I'm curious who will be in the top 4
fiore 142 3
12 years ago
I suspect this year's competition for the top 3 will be severe.
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
+1
you're right . In Europe is a lot of good teams and no one knows who will win .. maybe Russia is a little better than the other
fiore 142 3
12 years ago
My dream final is Bulgaria-Italy.
Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
@qwertyuiop12345 I'm not sure if Czech can go to finals.. will see ?
Berny 606 6
12 years ago
+1
1. RUS
2. BLG
Others we will see ?
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
+1
top4
semifinals
Poland- Bulgaria
and Russia- Italy
Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
@Tysia look at Kk15's last post..
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
are you sure it is possible? I thought that only 2 teams from pool B+D can get the semifinal (and only two from pool A+C)...

But there is a thing I didn't notice before (or better, I was wrong because I thought it was the opposite): the semifinals are crossed. So both the semifinals will be "team from pool A or C" vs "team from pool B or D"... isn't it?

So for example there's no way for a semifinal Bulgaria-Poland or Bulgaria-Russia or Russia-Poland etc...

(I think)
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
+1
so I know
I mean here is that we might not be so only in those groups
samueleke 393 8
12 years ago
I would say do not underrate the Belgium ? We have a great setter (Depestele) and a very good spiker (Van Walle).. Also our wing spikers (Claes and Verhanneman) are not that bad, In the middle do we have a lot of choice (Van Decrean, Van deVoorde, Reaymakers and verhees)..

So I'm very curious what we can do with that team ?

(Can somebody put on the games of Belgium on this site please???)
fiore 142 3
12 years ago
It is never wise to underestimate any opponent because at almost every tournament there are surprises. I expect strong rivalry and excellent volleyball from tomorrow on.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
don't worry, Berruto had already said that the teams we are going to meet are "calf" teams: because they beat you like a dog with all their strength and don't let you go away?
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
+3
tomorrow I can't wait
good luck to all teams
Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking