bitka 673
2011-11-24 • 3510 views • 14 replies
This question is mainly to polish guys but maybe others can share here their experience from that.

During volleyball tournaments (like World Cup, World League or European Championship) organizers are always looking for some volunteers (who for example give statistics during match to journalists).

My question is: do you know with who should i speak to get this "job" (i know that you have to be 18) and when to work during tournament in Łódź? (there're searching earlier that's why i'm asking now)

Do you have any experience with that? Maybe sb was a volunteer and will share with us his feeling about it? :)
proud 722 9
12 years ago
I have no idea,but good luck!I hope you get the "job",as you call it,just imagine how fun it must be to ?
bitkaAuthor 673 10
12 years ago
thanx proud ? it must be great to be part of it!
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+1
For sure!I'm so jealous of the kids that get to throw the balls to the players hahaha
There must be someone here,who knows how those things work and when it happens,I'm onto you for pictures!!! ?
bitkaAuthor 673 10
12 years ago
+1
hahahaa me too! ?

i'm also hoping that during this i will be able to mention a few words with players (but i don't mean teenager throwing on them only to get their autograph... just normal conversation)
proud 722 9
12 years ago
Then we'll wait for pictures AND transcripts of conversations ?
Hopefully,you'll get to do it during Euro 2013,or is Poland hosting a tournament earlier?
bitkaAuthor 673 10
12 years ago
you mean 2014 ?
i hope for World League which is every year and once i get in it will be easier to join other tournaments
casamodena 505 4
12 years ago
+4
Hi! I attended as volunteer last year's FIVB mens' volleyball world championships in my hometown, Modena. Everything I did was to fill an online questionnaire and attaching my curriculum with my previous job and study experiences. Everything was done on a website advertised by our national federation and on Italian greater volleyball news site, volleyball.it . I remember I did this in June and a week before the tournament to start, the local commitee's president called me to say I had been choosed and invited me for a breafing about what I had to do (Boss of the press room). I had a very good time because first I saw matches 1 meter far from the court between the press people, and I had the opportunity to talk with many players: Volkov, Muserskiy, Berezhko, Grankin, Soto, Priddy, Lee, Kromm, Grozer, Kaziyski and some more I forgot. But the best was Stanley!( Hope I can post that on here) One girl from the tribunes throwed him her panties by saying "Clay, marry me!" He smiled her and when he was about to enter the dressing room, he wore them on his head! XD ... what happened then .. I'm not able to say.. I let you imagine! XD . There would be many many other things to say about this amazing experience.. If you have any chance, I STRONGLY suggest you to participate. You'll never be disappointed (They also paid me, gave me the full volunteers' clothing and paid me every lunch for two weeks). If you wanna ask something, post it here or PM me ?
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+1
Oh,man,that Clay story had me in stitches LOL ?
12 years ago
ahaha yeah, me too xD that's so sweet)))
bitkaAuthor 673 10
12 years ago
casamodena - o thank you VERY much for your post! now because of you i just can't wait to take part in it!!

the only thing i can do now is to contact with polish federation and ask about it i guess...
after such a great story there's no way i will let it go ?

oh and one more thing casamodena - what age were you and did you have any job experience? because as a student i don't have much to offer...
Berny 606 6
12 years ago
+1
bitka, you dont have much to offer? Man you are crazy in volleyball. You are fanatic fan? so where is problem? Dont worry. In this possition you need only enthusiasm. Good luck
proud 722 9
12 years ago
Yeah,don't underestimate yourself ? I doubt they'll ask you for a copy of your law degree ?
bitkaAuthor 673 10
12 years ago
i didn't think about it - i will just show them my comments here and they will take me from the 1st place ? hahha
bitkaAuthor 673 10
12 years ago
so i repeat question to polish guys: does anybody know who should i speak to?
Join the list of players looking for a volleyball clubAre you looking for a new volleyball club?Join the listJoin the list of players looking for a volleyball club
Are you looking for a new volleyball club?Join the list