Two Cameroonians nowhere to be found

Volleybox 2011-03-19 • 3171 views • 2

Two Cameroonians nowhere to be found Jami and Hervé Yone, two Cameroonian volleyball players operating in the Libyan club Misurata are nowhere to be foud.

The war is raging in Libya and sportsmen, especially from sub-Sahara, are in turmoil. This is true for Cameroonians, of the number of six volleyball players, only 4 were able to escape the hell of Libya. Namely George Kari Adeka (Al Jazeera), Valery Tatsi (Al-Ahli Tripoli), and Jean-Pierre Ndongo and Serge Ag (Al Nasser club). The other two, Jami and Hervé Yone (Misurata), remain unfoundable. "We live in very remote areas. I do not know if the other two (Editor's note: Jami and Hervé Yone) are here. I pray for them and I hope with the grace of God, they can get out," said Jean-Pierre Ndongo, forward / catcher for the national team. Before saying: “The club held our passports. The situation worsened. It was worse for blacks” He added: "With the help of Fécavolley President who called the Libyan federation’s president, I could get my passport. I took the road to Benghazi on the border with Egypt where there were 250 dams erected by both the opposition and the camp of the Libyan leader. My story is the same as my teammate, Sege Ag”. For Jean-Pierre Ndongo, the adventure is over. "I was in Benghazi. I saw dead bodies, stray bullets kill people. With all that I went through, I was traumatized. I will never go back to Libya” announced Ndongo. In contrast to Valery Tatsi, it was easier to leave Libya. When the trouble started, the Cameroonian was in Saudi Arabia where he was to take part in a competition. It's there from there that Tatsi got to Cameroon.
Note however that if Cameroon’s volleyball players came back, the clubs have pledged to pay them their wages after the war. Meanwhile, some have to resume training at Fap to maintain the shape. Moreover, the Cameroon’s national volleyball championship had its fourth reunion the last weekend in the city of Dschang. Fap Yaounde (30 points) holds the head in gentlemen in front of A¨ Douala Port (24 points) and INJS (18 points). In ladies, INJS (27 points) takes the lead in front of Efoulane Yaounde (24 points) and Litto Team (20 points).

#Cameroon

2 comments

przemek16PL 808 17
13 years ago
+1
Massacre ...
NightFoxBG 1457 14
13 years ago
+1
Terrible ?
Create volleyball agency websiteAre you owner of volleyball agency?Create your websiteCreate volleyball agency website
Are you owner of volleyball agency?Create your website