The stars on EuroVolley 2013: Aleh Akhrem (Belarus)

Volleybox 2013-08-23 • 3854 views

The stars on EuroVolley 2013: Aleh Akhrem (Belarus) Aleh Akhrem (born 12 March 1983) is an Belarusian volleyball player, who plays for Polish club: Resovia Rzeszów (since 2009).

His career started in 2001 when he signed contract with Kommunalnik Grodno. In season 2005/06 and 2006/07 he played
in Technopribor-Bella. Do you remember final tournament of Champions League 2008/09? Aleh played great matches.
His team: Iraklis Thessaloniki took 2nd place in that tournament! After amazing season in the Champions League and
Greek League, he signed contract in Resovia Rzeszów. He won Polish League in season 2011/12 and 2012/13.
He said: "I'm treated well here, I feel at home. I am very glad that people respect me here. I promise the fans that I will never play for any other Polish club!". He got a polish passport (2011). It was his own decision. "I'm happy that I got that chance
and became a Polish citizen. Now it's time for another goal, which is playing in the Polish national team. I hope that someday my dream will come true. Unfortunately, not everything depends on me." - said. Documents has not been provided to FIVB by Polish Federation of volleyball. Aleh did not play in Belarus national team (2 years) and had 15 000€ for FIVB... Why?
He wanted to play for Polish team. In EuroVolley 2013, he will play for Belarus in group A against Italy, Denmark and Belgium.

Aleh Akhrem

Date of birth: 1983
Position: wing-spiker
Height: 195cm
Weight: 91kg     
Spike: 349cm
Block: 335cm

Clubs: Kommunalnik Grodno , Technopribor-Bella , Iraklis Thessaloniki , Resovia Rzeszów

#AlehAkhrem #Belarus #EuropeanChampionships2013

-1 comments

Wilfredo_is_MarshallRS 4186 20
10 years ago
He should play for poland
andyzUS 117 2
10 years ago
Polish NT could've used him. Belorussians were happy)))
KatieDementieBY 1
10 years ago
+3
[removed comment]
andyzUS 117 2
10 years ago
@KatieDementie: traitor? well, it is a really strong word. i totally understand his wish to play for a better team, better league, have better life for his family etc. i really think that you should never ever mix sport, life and politics. his presence in your NT made it a strong competitor in euroleague.
Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking