Tweety na temat @movies_net
The longest set in the history of volleyball
0 0

The longest set in the history of volleyball

Volleymaster inspired me to this topic :)
Loong time ago I was looking for the information what was the longest set in the history of volleyball. I have found this:
1. 87:85, Czechoslovak League 1979, ??? - Triest Baranovice
2. 63:61, German League
3. 54:52, 13.01.2002, Italian Serie A, Bre Banca Cuneo - Sisley Treviso
4. 52:54, 31.10.2007, Greek A1, AEK Athens - PAOK Thessaloniki
5. 44:42, 09.02.2002, Greek A1, Aris Thessaloniki - AE Nikaia

I will be very grateful if someone would give any details of these matches or better results in sets.
» Comments (20)
Gevorg
Gevorg AM 10 months ago 0
Potenza Picena v Padova
43:41 2:3 (25:18, 43:41, 22:25, 19:25, 12:15)
2nd set of Italy Seria A2 (Men) Volleyball
Date: 24th of Novenber, 2013

Last edited by Gevorg on 10 months ago.

fadel
fadel BH 2 years ago -1
87:85
What a competition
This means that they have played 3 sets and a half
hanes233
hanes233 EE 2 years ago 0
This year one set by Fridrichafen was played 40:42, but I dont remember who was the opponent.
Kk15
Kk15 IT 2 years ago +1
Is there any chanche that Baranovice was the sponsor?

BTW, I also remember a very long set (i guess it ended smth like 42-40) in the first match of the final of 2011 Challenge Cup, Lube Banca Marche Macerata-Arkas Izmir
zamboni
zamboni GR 2 years ago +1
31/10/07: AEK Athens - PAOK Thessaloniki 3-1 (25-22, 52-54, 25-19, 25-19)

Here are the stats of the game:
http://www.sport....;mid=4325&cid=45
raylight
raylight BG 2 years ago -1
where are the mythbusters when you need them? :)
Berny
Berny SK 2 years ago +2
So I told this to my father (ended in 1982) and he didnt know about that. I didnt find this town, but I wrote someone who knows better in Czech federation :) so maybe we will find the truth and myth becomes reality :D
chrison
chrison PL 2 years ago +1
Berny - I was looking for the town "Baranovice" in Czech Republic and Slovakia but I couldn't find it. This city exist? Or 87:85 is only a legend?
Berny
Berny SK 2 years ago +1
I am working on it guys :)
thrizer
thrizer BE 2 years ago +2
That Todor is a genius!
HCLT
HCLT BR 2 years ago +4
http://todor66.com/volleyball/index.html
Guys, check the link above. I really like that website which is constantly updated by a Bulgarian fan. Dunno why, but I always liked to check scores.

Although Todor’s page focuses only on NTs, you’ll see that in the old points system a score going over 20 was quite rare.

BTW, Todor brings almost every score in major tournaments and also team rosters – very interesting.

Regarding that 87:85 set supposedly played in 1979 Czechoslovakian League, maybe our Slovakian friend Berny can check for us. Though the archives of former Czechoslovakian federation stayed with the Czech federation in Prague, perhaps our friend can verify this for us, once he speaks Czech.

That volleyball set reminds me of this one in tennis – the longest set in tennis history, in the longest match (11 hours and 5 minutes).
http://sports.esp...ews/story?id=5322284
HCLT
HCLT BR 2 years ago +5
Maybe one of the Czech users of v-movies can verify that with their federation. Such info should be easy to check, as it is a very unusual score. Anyway, 87:85 is totally crazy, especially in the old point system. For example, in one match at 1986 worlds a set finished 20:18 (not impressive), but it lasted 80 minutes – I just checked that. Can you imagine a set that ended 87:85? If it was the first set, then the players were crawling on the court after that.

Talking about NTs matches people remember that set on the game Brazil vs. Argentina, at 2011 WL, that finished 42:40, but I saw the same score on the match Puerto Rico vs. Canada, at the 2008 Olympic qualifier – that set was won by the Ricans. In 1999 WL Brazil won a set against Canada 44:42.

You can see really long sets watching NCAA, but by their rules the sets are played to 30 (men’s game), not 25, so seeing score going over 40 is not so uncommon.
NXT
NXT PL 2 years ago 0
Hmm wasn't some set in Italy - USA match in world cup like 40+ for both sides aswell?
casamodena
casamodena IT 2 years ago 0
As for Italian league You can find more and more curiosities like these on http://www.legavo...mp;Tipo=TOPSCORE_SET .
Me too I wasn't aware of , for example, a 25-18 set who was 87 minutes long!! Or, just to say, another match where 39!! overall stuff blocks were scored!
Sllaveq
Sllaveq BG 2 years ago -3
wow!
Zyta
Zyta PL 2 years ago +6
chrison can you give source of that info about 87:85? Because that's just insane if it's true. 1979? that was in old system still!
thrizer
thrizer BE 2 years ago 0
Champions League some years ago: Roeselare - Belgorod: 40-42.
Frank
Frank CA 2 years ago +3
With the old scoring system, matches could last forever :o
bidahaha
bidahaha BR 2 years ago +6
87:85 =O
» Volleyball-Movies.net recommends
» Author
chrison
chrison
Sosnowiec, Poland My passion is programming and volleyball and that's why I created Volleyball-Movies.net with paw-e-l. By the end of this year I will finish Volleyball-Movies.net 3.1.

» Related fanclubs

» Related discussions

» Related movies
» Volleyball-Movies.net recommends
0 guests online