Michal 493
2011-05-15 • 5920 views • 50 replies
15th May 2011
18:00 Itas Diatec Trentino - Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo 3:0 (Rai Sport 2)

#ItalianSerieA1201011

Serie A - V-DAY
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
I'm disappointed with what Cuneo showed. Their weapon for Trento - serve and defense disappeared. Henno and Volkov [except serve at the beginning of 2nd set] don't exist, Wout killed in reception, Grbic without his typicla determination, Mastro couldn't do much, Nikolov couldn't do nothing special from sets from Nikola. Comparing to last match against Lube, when Henno was a king of defense and I've seen great motivation and determination, something else had to happened with boys form Cuneo, because in second set we could see that they can forget about first set and fight. If Grbic loosing his head... you can win with setter loosing his head if you have leader on court - Nikolov and Kaziyski with Zhekov for example, but today Cuneo hasn't got leader. And without someone like Parodi and his reception no chance for team like Trento.

Trento made homework perfectly, AMAZING Stokr, AMAZING! I wasn't big fan of him in Trento this season, he was for me more like background for receivers, but bloody hell, he won third said "by himself" really. Unstoppable, totally unstoppable. And Kaziyski should learn form him hot to block! Middle blockers in great disposition, usually wing-spiker were strength of Trentino, but not today, Sala turned on his serve in the most important match.

OyeaH 158 3
12 years ago
Not the best game for Grbic and Nikolov - they had to lead the team but they failed ...Great play by Stokr and Kaziyski(especially in receiving 71%/65%).Raphael also made good game along with the rest of the team.No chance for Sokolov to play with that hell of a game for Stokr...I'm happy that Trentino finally managed to break the curse of Cuneo ?
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
+1
With that crappy serve of Cuneo there was no other option than great stats of Matey's reception. Sokolov did great ob in semis, don't forget about this ?
Nikolov did what he could, but you see how disposition of Grbic is important for them. If he's not fighting, they loosing hope.

That's shows what I said before, you can;t have everything in Serie A, if you have Italian Cup, you don't have scudetto ?
grboco 107 3
12 years ago
That final was not what I was waiting...Cuneo just could'n follow the game...I just can't belive that nikolov and grbic played like that...I belive that modena deserved to play in the final instead of cuneo :s
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
+1
That's true - amazing match for Trentino. Stokr above everybody. I didn't expected that Cuneo will play like this ... it wasn't like a final - it was like David against Goliath ...
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
+2
Stokr officialy joined Trentino Alien Club ?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Kaziyski and Juantorena didn't have much work to do, only in the second set Matey pulled Trento ahead and after that it was all Stokr show ?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
compliments to Trento, expecially Stokr (!!!) and Sala (amazing first set!), but honestly everyone played very well, from the Kaziyski to Zygadlo and Della Lunga. Almost a perfect match.

I couldn't recognize cuneo, i've never seen this team so "empty"! exepxt (may be, and not always) Henno there were only phantoms on the court.
I'm quite disappointed, I think they actually had the chance to win (like Trento, of course), but obviously playing the worst macth of the whole season this chance blows up. I can't belive they plaied so bad. So sorry for them, it will be hard to forget it, they deserved to play a better final.

Overlook 280 5
12 years ago
I'd say that Trento was like a tornado which blown up opponent team. Cuneo without faith, good game of Grbic and any leader on the court, it must look like that! Trento game against best Brazilian team could be very interesting one. I supported Cuneo and I'm disappointed their game too, but final matches sometimes look like this one, unfortunately they didn't have any arguments to win.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
Trento playing perfectly (this was not a surprise to me) and Cuneo playing very badly (and this was a big surprise to me)...It's not wird the third set ended 25:9

Overlook you mean withouth faith and without good game of Grbic, right? Or do you think Grbic played well??

ps I'd love to see Trento-Brazil!
Overlook 280 5
12 years ago
I'm really a big fan of Gribic, but I can be objective? He didn't have good reception but he also made some mistakes.
This new Brazilian team is almost like NT;-)
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
+1
Here : http://rgfootball.net/viewtopic.php?t=12316
Tomorrow I will make a highlight movie for the final
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
+1
Learn bulgarian and you will know russian ? ? ?
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
+1
There is a video in the changing room of Trentino after the final ? :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yEWB__UeWY&feature=player_embedded
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
ahaha Juantorena is speaking with the Cup and he said something like "Oh, last year for our fault you couldn't come with us, but now you can come back to Trento, yes, you will"
Really nice video=)
if you prefer italian there's a link of the match: http://tv.voleybolx.com/videoizle/360/Itas-Diatec-Trentino-3-Bre-Banca-Lannutti-Cuneo-0-(15052011)
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Bulgarian and Russian ARE different languages. My grandmother is one of the best teachers in Sofia, may be even in Bulgaria in both languages. The first is analytical, the second is synthetic and that's the smallest difference between them. Learning Bulgarian is nightmare for Russians, because it is hard LITERALLY, it is very different especially in past tenses and the vocabulary is falsely close, but in fact - different, which causes many funny situations. For example - "Pravo" in Russian is "right" as direction and in Bulgarian the same word means "Straight ahead". Real funny situations happened on the base of the difference of these two languages
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Very good Italian by Juantorena, impressive, like everything else in his efforts ?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
do you speak italian raylight?!
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
I understand just enough to recall when someone speaks it with ease ? My brother has foreign languages school with his wife
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Ok, I'll try to explain the language. Bulgarian language was the first written Slavic language, who had great impact over other Slavic languages, especially Serbian and Russian. The Old Church Slavonic language, used in Orthodox churches is Russified version of Old Bulgarian. In 19th century, Russian language stroke back. Some fairly stupid scholars like Marin Drinov made reform of the language, getting rid of its original words (because of similarity with farsi and therefore turkish language) and adopting Russian words and other STUFF. So both languages influenced each other.

Bulgarian language differs not only from Russian - it differs from every other Slavic language with its rules of forming sentences - It don't have infinitive, it don't have dative, genitive cases and other like that - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_case. Russian has only one past tense - was/were. We have all that is in english for example. The vocabularity is again not that similar, a lot of basic words, that can not be influenced by other languages, like mother, father, brother and so on are different in Bulgarian (Mayka, Bashta, Kaka), which shows that it is not entirely Slavic and questions it's classification in language family (language chimera)

I can't say I am fluent in Russian, although I 've read Dostoevsky in Russian as a child. Many people in Bulgaria think that Russian is Bulgarian, but when they try to talk it's getting very funny. For example, a true story - there was long ago, during Soviet era a telegram from Russia "vstrechaite abrikosov". Everyone thought that they should expect visit from important party leader and they ordered the red carpet. With the train, however, came two tons of apricots. Abrikosov in Russian is "apricots". The right telegram for a human, called Abrikosov should be "Vstrechaite Abrikosova" Genitive case. Sinse we don't have cases, everyone translated that as ""Expect Abrikosov", not "Expect apricots"

Another true story - Bugarian party leader is invited to Moscow to participate in his birthday celebration. He stood up and made a toast "Hochu vam bolshoy jivot"/Хочу вам большой животь, which in Russian means "I wish you a big stomach". In Bulgarian the word for life is jivot, and in Russian the word for stomach is jivot. That's how close are these two languages - close enough to make you laugh :)
12 years ago
How long for the first highlights to come out? Cant wait!!
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
I didn't say I understood it much, but at least finished the book // Crime and Punishment ?
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
I read Crime and Punishment too, but I was much older when I did it ?
saku 1032 9
12 years ago
+2
quite strange, I finished it too month ago ?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
+1
Brothers Karamazov is the same quality ?
12 years ago
+3
Some speak of Kaziyski of Juantorena of Stokr, but "tanto di cappello" to Stoychev because it is not always assume that the best team wins ... the game has shown excellent technical skills and tactical skills only great coach, motivator. I'm sorry I have not even seen a poster of the fans who cites Stoychev ... Congratulations to the management, coaching staff and players. Trent is the show.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
Don't worry, when they celebrated the scudetto on monday the fans singed "L'apprendista allenatore ha vinto il tricolore!!" (apprendista come l'aveva chiamato bagnoli). I think they are aware of the skill of their coach?
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
can u translate ?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
Ok, but I'm sorry because I can't "traslate" the rythm=)

"the apprentice coach won the tricolour" (tricolour= italian flag=scudetto, it's quite used)

because Bagnoli (and Bruno) called him "apprentice" after the last macth of the semifinals

12 years ago
Yeah,I read some pretty nasty comments from Bagioli and Bruno in our press,but I didn't actually believe it.
Kk15,what was that all about?I mean what did Rado do to provoke them.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
I didn't understand the whole question too... btw Stoytchev said that Modena fans in Trento (at the last match) was embarassing, a shame for such a great volleyball clubs (because of his history) that "deserve a better public". What I don't know is what exactly the fans did, I think they were offensive and similar stuff.
Bagnoli blamed Stoytchev about that and I think I belived that Stoytchev annoyed to much the second referee, that complained to much about few choises. So he called Stoytchev "apprentice", he said smth like "ok, he is new, he is working as coach in A1 for few years". And at the press conference with Bruno before he left modena the setter said the almost the same, and he add that Stoytchev was really annoying.

That's a general picture of the situation=)
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Well, we saw what happened with Modena, who disputed even the impossible balls and blaimed others for the same. We saw what happened to Cuneo who thought they can win with half squad against World and European champions. That was the best answer to all crap from envious people in different clubs
12 years ago
+2
Thanks for the explanation ?
I'm surprised that Bruno would say something so undiplomatic,brazilians are usually very tactful around the media.
But,anyway,raylight's right and I think the club titles speak for themselves.
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago

I'm surprised that Bruno would say something so undiplomatic,brazilians are usually very tactful around the media.

I've seen this article and I have no idea why people say that Bruno said something like this, while president of Modena did it actually, not Brazilian. Young Rezende is intelligent guy, who take example form his father how to give interviews, no matter what he thinks about Stoychev, he would never criticize Stoychev if he know he may back to Serie A in the future and who knows, maybe play in Trento. Do you think he would screw his chances by something like this?

Well, we saw what happened with Modena, who disputed even the impossible balls and blaimed others for the same. We saw what happened to Cuneo who thought they can win with half squad against World and European champions. That was the best answer to all crap from envious people in different clubs

Envious you say? Maybe Modena, but Cuneo has no reason to be envious, they won twice in three battles against Trento this year - I mean battles for title. OF course Trento won the biggest one, but last year was vice versa.
But come on, stop treating Trento like a perfect club with no defects. I like them too, I appreciate what Stoychev do with his boys, but you're just exaggerating right now. You know that both matches when Cuneo sent half of first squad didn't change position of Cuneo, they still would be second in league, no matter which team would win and Giuliani said that before, not after both matches, that victory is not so important, so he decided to let his main players like Nikola and Wout get some rest before Italian Cup or in next match, when Parodi was injuried, Wout had injury already, he let Nikola to get some rest before play-off, also Nikola didn't play in couple matches before. They never said "we can win with Trento only with Parodi, Mastro and Nikolov", because they are not so selfish and arrogant to think like that. Everybody knows that to win with Trento, they must play in 100%, with the bets squad they can sent on court [Modena sent the strongest they had for this moment, because of injuries, not enough to reach the final].
When Cuneo won with them, they send the strongest squad they could. Do you know what Nikolov said after final of scudetto? "If you want to win with Trento, you have to send the best squad and everybody need to play for 120%" Don't you think is the best proof of respect for Trento?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
Zyta, I saw an interview, Bruno - in his last press conference- said that stoytchev "ha rotto - posso dirlo?- i coglioni"(the best translation I found is "to be a pain - can I say that?- in the ass". When I saw the movie first I laugh because Bruno was funny in a certain way, but actually he didn't have to.

About the second part, I totally agree.
I also want to say that I was there, at Palalottomatica, and may be I was distract, but I didn't notice Cuneo BB be offensive (and I was close), and just few times in the second set they boo (I found this world on a dictionary, we say litterally "whistle", in a negative meaning, it's offensive) when trentino players were serving. Instead Trento fans "boo" almost always, from the first serve of Volkov. And I saw the same also during the CL, for example, if I remember well.
And BB kept singning (may be with less entusiasm) also during the third set, and at the end they acclaimed theyr team and after they clapped for Trento when they got the cup and the medal. and after they sang "Vlado Nikolov, Vlado Nikolov". And he sadly smiled and wave=)
I read more than once critisisms about the BB, and of course they have to be partially true, reading that seems they are devils and others are angels, but my impression is different. (of course I can be wrong)
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
+1
Cuneo players and coach respect Trento, this is true. Cuneo won three games by being the smarter team, they know that there is always risk to be defeated badly if not prepared well for the game. Disrespect comes usually from higher staff in clubs, not from coaches. Bagnoli and Rezende (I read that he told also stuff) are exceptions. Whole Modena team wanted so badly to win the series that they played very dirty on the complain part and when they lost something they felt they are winning the taste was very bitter, especially for champions like Bagnoli and Bruno.
Most coaches including Stoychev always show respect even when they think that they are the best of the best, because differences are small and everything can happen in one game. Stoychev may protest during games but he is very careful at the interviews. Winners get hate and if they don't show good public image it can be bad in the long term.
About Trento - I do not think they are perfect. They are not the most balanced team, so they can loose from supposedly weaker teams if the serve don't work. They were having great troubles with Bruno's uncorrelated with reception game, which show how young is the team - the players, the coach, they won several titles but they still can be surprised. Stoychev made errors before, which cost some titles but now, he totally outplayed Guliani and surprised me. In fact, his game was more surprising than Stokr's game for me and this is the real news from this game - they can change tactics! Really ? Stoychev can be the better coach in such game! I didn't expect that to be honest, I never thought he is Rezende class coach
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
About Stoytchev be polite in the interwiev it's true, and he always shows respect for every team, even if he is aware that probably his team is stronger. And when he lost, he doesn't look for explanation, he just admits "todey they were stronger than us", or "Today we commetted to many mistake/ our serve didn't work ect".

Honestly I was surprise that Giuliani spook about the CL after the V-day (someone asked him "Do you regret Parodi?" and he answered "No, I don't, but I regrets the CL, I'd preferred be eliminated in the first tournament than losing at golden set at quartefinal, so we could keep energy" And he also said that they used a lot of energy during the semifinals)

Btw, sometimes I wonder if Stoytchev would be so good with a weaker team. He is a great worker, and I'm sure he makes his players improve a lot... but I will be curiose to see if he can do what Gulinelli (almost) did with Castellana Grotte, for example, or Bagnoli with Modena
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
But what he means by this? Because Stoychev can be pain in the ass for every team in Europe if you know what I mean ;-P

Btw, sometimes I wonder if Stoytchev would be so good with a weaker team. He is a great worker, and I'm sure he makes his players improve a lot... but I will be curiose to see if he can do what Gulinelli (almost) did with Castellana Grotte, for example, or Bagnoli with Modena

Me too.
Modena hasn't got weak players to say that he did something big from nothing, of course Bagnoli did great job if we consider how they struggled with Prandi this season and he finally sent Berezkho on a bench and let Kooy play.
I'm curious what Gulinelli will make from Cuneo next season and for how long, Flavio is a guy who can't stay for a long time in one place.

That's how it should be, you have to respect your opponent even if you think you're stronger, because you never know what's gonna happen.

raylight Stoychev made his homework for best mark, but I wouldn't say he outplayed Giuliani and his tactic totally, we can now talk what would happen if... but everybody saw that Cuneo didn't use their best weapons - smart serve and defense. If Stoychev would win with Cuneo playing with those elements [no matter if with Parodi or not, no one knows if Parodi would do something more with that great game of Trento], I would agree.
But what I can say about Stoychev - he is master of training serve. Kaziyski, Soko, Stokr or Juantorena have skills to do it, but look at Sala, he started to serve strong last season when he came to Trento, he tried whole season and improved it so fast - remember first set in the final last year? He was an executor for Cuneo in this first set. This season wasn't as good as before with his serve, except one match with 5 aces, but in the most important match he turned on "serve mode".
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
"Btw, sometimes I wonder if Stoytchev would be so good with a weaker team. He is a great worker, and I'm sure he makes his players improve a lot... but I will be curiose to see if he can do what Gulinelli (almost) did with Castellana Grotte, for example, or Bagnoli with Modena"

You will see with Bulgaria :]
rbk17 143 2
12 years ago
Now Trentino will be much stronger with Verhanemann, who will take Kaziyski or Juantorena some time to rest.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
Della Lunga was very good, I think, but unfortunally I've never seen Verhanemann playing, so I don't know...=)

Nightfox, but Bulgaria isn't a weak team=)

Zyta, I can promise you that Bruno meant "really really annoying" in a bad way=)
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
+1
Kk15, Bulgaria isn't a weak team, but it's weaker than Trento - everyone except Brazil are weaker than them ?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+3
and Italy ahahahXD
But Bulgaria and Trento are on the way to be almost the same team ehehe ?
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
xawhxhawxawhxhawaxh true true ? ? ?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
+1
Bulgaria and Modena are not weak teams. Weaker than Trentino doesn't mean weak, 'cause everybody will be weak then ?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+2
Lega are thinking about next year play-off formula, that have probbaly to change because the short period between the end of the european cups and the beginning of the qualification for the Olympics. (7th-22nd april)

They thought about
- let only the the first 4 team of the regoular season joining the play off (without quarterfinal), and I think this idea really suck, because there will be almost no fight in the second half of the regoular season between the middle-level teams
- make a final4 for the scudetto (as they did for italian cup)
-12 teams access to play off in 4 tournament of 3 clubs. they play three days in a row (on easter week end, sunday-saturday-monday) in the "palasport" of the best classificated, who win the tournament gets directly to the semifinal (best of 3), and V-day as the last two years --> that's the one that seems to be preferred until now. The thing I dislike is the fact that the "quarterfinal" will be played in only 4 places on 12 clubs...but i understand it's necessary...

SerieA2 will play play-off during Olympics tournament, so there will be for them a new market-period to find someone that played out of italy to replace who will be convocated by his NT.

they also add that if CEV will accept to let the final4 of CEVcup and ChallangeCup be played in italy (as Lega asked) there will be the chance of normal play off (?)

(btw, there will be a final4 also for this two european cups because it's the year of the olypmics? because this year there was a final4 only for CL)
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
Kk15 but that idea about 4 tournaments with 3 clubs... how they will choose those clubs? Because I can't imagine situation when groups would be teams 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12... if you know what I mean.

about european cups... hell knows, there was no anymore f4 for CEV and Challenge, because those teams didn't want to pay for it.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
thanks for explanation about final4 in european cups! in fact I remember there was cev final4 in Belgium with Iskra, Nooliko, Piacenza and Cuneo in 2010...
now I probably get how they can save time hosting the final4: I thought the choice was final4 in Italy/final 4 somewhere else (2 days less?!), instead now I imagine that the choice is final4 in Italy/no final4 like this year--> almost two weeks less!

about how selcet the teams for the tournament there was nothing, but I'll bet too it won't be 1-3, 4-6 etc!
I think it would be 1-12; 2-11; 3-10; 4-9 for sure, plus probably 8 in the first group, 7 in the second, 6 in the third, 5 in the fourth (I'm guessing)...
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
Teams haven't got any money prizes for cups except CL and if they would have to pay extra for organization of F4, they would refuse, that's why there was no F4 this year, but now when Italy would take it, it's very possible to make it, I bet our teams would support this idea.

about how selcet the teams for the tournament there was nothing, but I'll bet too it won't be 1-3, 4-6 etc!
I think it would be 1-12; 2-11; 3-10; 4-9 for sure, plus probably 8 in the first group, 7 in the second, 6 in the third, 5 in the fourth (I'm guessing)...

that would be fair.
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Does anyone know how can I unite two .avi videoclips into one? I want to upload Trento - Piachenza fourth final in 2009
Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking