Russia lost againts Serbia? What went wrong?

cheribee 2011-09-18 • 2420 views • 3

I just feel sad about this..

I don't think it was the referees' mistake. It is just a matter of who's spirits are going to be broken first and it is clearly shown that Russia was broken and crashed. You can see that Russia is really showing some nerves on that game, really tense... quick sets are not working, a lot of service errors, tentative on their spikes and even wrong timing of blockings, and how many match points has been saved by Serbia? This is very unusual for the team. Plus Serbia is playing great with heightened spirits. But I am still a very big fan of Russia, they just cannot win all the games. And it happens, they got to learn to accept it, move on, learn from it and be a better team next time.
They have to be equally physically strong and mentally tough. Serbia's kapitan is a great morale booster, Taras should do the same for the team as what he did in their game against Bulgaria. Every sport is a mind game, someone has to step up and give boost to the team. I was so disappointed because Russia could have won the 4th set.... I even stay up late to watch the game even though I recorded it and planned it to watch on the next day, it's about 2am here in SG.
But there are two things I wanted to add, not to blame, but just an observation... First, I think Coach Alekno should not change his original line up, the first six, it should have been Muzerskiy rather than Apolikov, there will be greater chances of winning the first set. Secondly, substitution of Grankin from Butko? He may be lucky in the WL, but still not enough skill especially in receiveing. Then placing back Grankin again on the grunge time? tsk tsk tsk

I still love Maxim Mikhaylov, for me he's my MVP :-)
They didn't lost because of that last point, I think they lost because they weren't able to win the 4th set and lost confidence going to 5th set.

Every sport is a mind game, I just wished that they will be mentally prepared against Poland.

Go Russia!

3 comments

afonsocabral18PT 104 9
12 years ago
I do not think that something has gone wrong in Russia. only served was always a very high level with a setter very smart and knows how to manage pretty much every striker. but for me the main victory of the serve and not the defeat of Russia, Ivan Miljkovic flame. FANTASTIC PLAYER
_k-is-for-kate_RU 404 6
12 years ago
+2
everything went wrong starting with Musersky forgot his jersey in a hotel.
as Alekno says himself "victory is a team's desert, lose is a coach's fault". that was it.
BernySK 606 6
12 years ago
+2
This is really true, I dont know what was going on with subs Dmitrij to Apalikov, this was terrible mistake i think. Maxim played incredible game like i know him and he is for me my inspiration in volleyball life. His game display is such a calm and stabile. Its awesome, but Maxim, Taras and quite Volkov wasnt enough against owned Miljkovic, Nikic and Kovacevic and Stankovic (Podrascanin didnt play well in my opinion). And when Russia was starting to understand their situation and began play, it was late. Then wrong call from refree. I am sad about these boys. And ofcourse congrats Miljkovics team, he did with Nikic excellent exhibition for volleyball fans. Have a nice day all ?
Translate VolleyboxWould you like to help the project?Translate VolleyboxTranslate Volleybox
Would you like to help the project?Translate Volleybox