Michał Kubiak at World Cup 2011

bitka 673
2011-11-16 • 5913 views • 15 replies
I read somewhere that because Kurek is not ready to play at his high level - Michał Kubiak will play with Michał Winiarski in starting six. Many "fans" say that this is horrible idea because maybe he is good but not enough . I hope he'll show how stupid this "fans" are...

#MichalKubiak #WorldCup2011

Michał Kubiak at World Cup 2011
pearl 1003 11
12 years ago
+1
If some people have this opinion, this is the best opportunity for him to show them how wrong they are!! Forza Michal: I'm rooting for you ;-)
Pawcio9221 10 1
12 years ago
Can you add link where they wrote about weak disposition of Kurek ? IS that caused his problem with back ? About Kubiak I dont know because on European Championship he was in great form and sharp but when He came to JW , his performance has been little bit weak than from his play from Czech Republic , I think so.
bitkaAuthor 673 10
12 years ago
no, it's not because of his back problem - it's because he didn't train a lot recently
http://www.volley24.pl/index.php/2011111617109/Puchar-Swiata/Anastasi-laczy-wode-z-ogniem

i think that his performance in JW is worse cause he was in hospital after ECH
Pawcio9221 10 1
12 years ago
thanx for information ? I repaat again ? Can somebody try to make new movie about Bartman ?. I will do with a huge pleasure but I have not possibility to that ?(
qsek 831 10
12 years ago
+1
don't you think that Kubiak is like Giba or Murilo?;d
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Kubiak can replace Kurek on serve, reception, digging, but in attack Kurek is the best in Poland. His absence will be noticeable, unfortunately /I want Poland and Russia to qualify now!/
bitkaAuthor 673 10
12 years ago
+2
I don't think that there's so big difference between them in attack raylight. Kurek's attack maybe are more impressive but kubiak's are also effective. I'm not saying that they're preety the same but with Paweł Zagumny as setter this difference won't be seen
Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
Oh, if he was taller..
pearl 1003 11
12 years ago
+1
@SkyloIoannes: do you think so? To me, that of cm is a false problem. No need for you to be 2,00 tall if you can jump very high and be nimble. And Kubiak has both things. A good technique many times can compensate lack of cm. ?
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+3
Efficiency and impressiveness are different things.A spike over a triple block is always more beautiful than any block-out,yet they get the same result ? Don't get me wrong,it's important to know how to take advantage of the opponent's block,especially if you're well known as an attacker and they know how to "get" you,but you can have both height and technique,right? ? I'm not trashing shorter players,but I don't want to watch 1.80 volleyball players in 20 years...height is what makes volleyball such an exclusive and godlike sport.Well,exclusiveness is what makes it less popular than football,but for me it's a good thing ?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
If you can spike over the block, you don't rely on setter so much and you are more efficient in attack. Kurek is more efficient than Kubiak, unless Kubiak always gets the ball against single block. More height and power, more options. Trentino as prime example

Shorter guys have advantage in back field, better agility for defense, and reception, but at the net size does matters.
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+1
"Shorter guys have advantage in back field, better agility for defense, and reception, but at the net size does matters." So,basically,they should be liberoes ?
oioi 370 5
12 years ago
+3
I like all kinds of players 1,90 m + if they have a right coordination, dynamic and strentgh. Height doesn't matter that much, the skills are what matter. If a 2,05 can't play in the field, I don't like him cause the best actions start with an extraordinary digs. I don't want to give examples but Kubiak is way better to watch than many higher players. The best attacks are not over the block but the ones avoiding the block any possible way at the height of hands because it shows the skills of a player.
bitkaAuthor 673 10
12 years ago
Kubiak's statistics after Pol-Cub:
spike: 6/16 37,50%
block: 2
reception: totally 18, good 10, perfect 8 44,44%

http://www.fivb.org/vis_web/volley/MWC2011/pdf/P3-002.pdf
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
+1
Kubiak/Giba type of players are very useful for defense, reception, pipes, every team need such player, but Kurek/Leon/Kaziyski are the men for the close to the net attacks
Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking