Matey Kaziyski best spiker at CL Final 4

NightFox 1457
NightFoxAuthor 1457 14
12 years ago
My opinion is that Matey wanted to win so badly, that he was too nervous sometimes, but in the critical moments he was there. Wish you luck Matey !
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Statistically if you put someone more against triple blocks, he will get blocked more. Kaziyski made 27/43 spikes with NO errors!
Someone 875 10
12 years ago
He played very good with Zenit and average with Jastrzębski Węgiel. I don't know who can get the reward instead him: Mikhaylov?
Joachim7 321 4
12 years ago
Mikhaylov couldn't get the best spiker trophy, he didn't play a good match against Trento.Juantorena could won it but he had to make 1 or 2 points more I think.
IMO they are at the same cosmical level in attack! =)
Michal 493 10
12 years ago
+2
Yep, average match against Jastrzębski, only 67% spike efficiency...
NightFoxAuthor 1457 14
12 years ago
+3
Michal, for Matey that's average ... ha ha ?
Someone 875 10
12 years ago
Efficiency isn't everything. For him hitting over Polański, Gawryszewski or Łomacz isn't more than average ?
But of course i can't find someone better than him in F4.
Michal 493 10
12 years ago
67% isn't average for him, unless he plays against a junior team. I also don't get what all the discussion here is about, because best spiker award goes to the one who gets the highest % spike efficiency, so???
Someone 875 10
12 years ago
So the reward has been awarded fairly ? Ok, maybe I exaggerated- his spikes were good and efficient in every match in F4.
But in the other hand- I think there could be players who has 100% efficiency in attack with one attempt. Isn't there any other criterias?
Michal 493 10
12 years ago
Good one from you, of course players with 1 or even 10 spikes aren't classified and so number of attempts does matter. It's a kind of balance between scored points and efficiency. As raylight said he killed 27 out of 43 in this tournament, what gives 62,79%.
NightFoxAuthor 1457 14
12 years ago
Exclusive: Matey seriously injured after Final 4
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Any details?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Yes, but you said "serious injury?" I thought that he broke something from that
NightFoxAuthor 1457 14
12 years ago
+5
Hah now I'm reading an interesting article about Kaziyski's younger age and that's what Alexander Popov(the coach of CSKA) said about him "You lead the whole match - then Kaziyski going to serve and you lose." ?
HeeelMooi 220 4
12 years ago
I'm pretty sure Kazan blocked all of his attacks except for that one pipe attack.
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
HeelMooi is joking ?
Basil 47 1
12 years ago
For me, Osmany Juantorena is more strong and skillful player, then Matey. Of course, he is a good jumper, strong hitter, but he is also quite predictable. His reception is poor too. In case if Osmany would not be the MVP, he definetetly should be the best spiker. But anyway, Kaziysky is great!
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Basil, did you watch the cup final? Only Matey Kaziyski spiked consistently then. When the opponent reads the tactics and Osmany faces wall after wall, his efficiency drops more than it drops for Matey. And Matey is scoring most of the predictable balls, this is part of the tactics. Osmany is brilliant spiker, incredible server, better receiver, but overall is not better according to a lot of people from the volleyball coaching elite. He is doing more job on the field and therefore gets the MVP, but that's the point - Matey is for the key points, a game turner. This time, Huantorena was a game turner as well which can only make us more satisfied that this is a team, not a one man show ?
Basil 47 1
12 years ago
OK, guys! I agree that Matey is a great player, but the current discussion is concerned about final 4. In match with Wiegel he was not so valuable mostly because of his poor reception, that caused less effective attack. In match with Zenith he was blocked several times, so I doubt if he is the best spiker at the moment in Trento.
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
+1
Basil, what stat say about Matey on the final four is that he is THE BEST SPIKER - 27/43 kills WITH NOT ONE ERROR. Most of them were against triple blocks and he is the player with highest percent of breakpoints from attack. His reception is worse against Wegiel - 40%/27% against 57/%29% of Juantorena, but is equal with him on the final. Argue THAT ?

http://www.cev.lu/mmp-cgi/show.pl?cmd=tmpl&id=5682&id2=4&id3=542&id4=3&id5=0&state=p_prj_game_summary&key=0
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
I give arguments, stone cold facts, just watch the game and count the spikes against zero or single block, double block and triple block, and you can see the pattern. This is the official tactics of Trento since 2007/2008. I can give you another example - last year when Visotto wasn't playing good as guests to Olympiacos in CL, Matey changed position to opposite and the whole time spiked over the block of the 210cm Juric and had 60% + efficiency. He and Juantorena lead the team to victory against Milijkovic team. Name me a better spiker, ONE better! (Huantorena is almost the same quality, faster hand, great technique, but his reach is 5-10 cm less than Matey's)
He has flaws, his serve was nowhere near his best this Final Four, his reception was not great, he got blocked, 6 times, which was function of his role and his underestimation of the Russian block. He is not the all-around player Giba is for example.
About the best OH in the world, he is on the way to become the best OH OF ALL TIME if he continues to play on that level several years more. He is not my favorite player. I admire him, but I am fen of Zhekov, although he in setters world is not what Kaziyski is in OH's world.
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+1
Outside hitter ?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Juantorena uses technique and speed ?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
I know it is hard to believe, but Trento and the NT often trade unpredictability for credibility and face him against triple blocks after weak reception, because he has the best chances to overcome it. From the opponent the tactic is the block to point especially on him. Alekno said that to Abrosimov in the third or fourth set of the final. Abrosimov asked should they focus on both Juantorena and Kaziyski and Alekno said: No, only on Kaziyski. This can be interpreted in two diferent directions, but I think that the idea is to stop him, because he makes most of the hardest points

P.S. Juantorena right now is the motor of Trento, leaving for Kaziyski only the key role when it gets really hard. The Cuban rests during summer, he is more capable of serving at maxmum without tiring and he is highly motivated, so he gets his MVP's often and they are deserved. He fits the MVP definition because of his skill, Matey role and the tactics and everybody in Trento is satisfied because it brings titles, and most importantly - that way Kaziyski preserves powers to use his full potential when needed so he can play on high level in all important games for Trento and the NT
Berny 606 6
12 years ago
+1
I want to thanks GOD, that I saw every EVERY match in this champions league in my own eyes ? and then thanks Laola TV to watch this matches on PC ?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
I want to thank GOD for giving me patience
NightFoxAuthor 1457 14
12 years ago
+1
Berny - I wish to be at your place ;(
Berny 606 6
12 years ago
Guys, i counted only basic rounds. It contains of 72 matches, and i counted 167 hours of watching :-DDD then i stopped this hour counting, but i think 200 hours sure ?)) NightFox If I could live in Bulgary, this 200 hours of watching volleyball I could play on court. Slovakia is very poor country for volleyball. I think lazy people living here ? So Its my bad.But I am learning every every game of these matches. We have a great opportunity to improve our skills like our fathers or mothers in volleyball. They didnt have these possibilities like us. I wish to be born in POLAND - this country is created for Volleyball ? So bad, that i dont have POLSAT TV. Slovakia suxs :. Have a nice day guys (sorry about my english)
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
yes and he was taken off from court many times and finally he changed position - that's how good setter he is ?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
I didn't know he was a setter! Juantorena too... So, we can hope that Zaytsev will become a champions too!
Temporarily disabled
Volleyball clubs reviewsWhat are the opinions about volleyball clubs?Read reviewsVolleyball clubs reviews
What are the opinions about volleyball clubs?Read reviews