1 2 »

2012-05-04 • 16995 views • 69 replies

36-year-old Giba is a gold medalist Olympic Games, World Championships and World League volleyball one of the greatest icons of the world. At the end of his career he wanted to present to the Polish fans.

The cost of transfer and more specifically to maintain the player an amount of 400 thousand euros per season. Money is apparently great, but may want to invest in such a star?

In my opinion, if you want to Giba actually come to our country, this one should be tempted, because for the halls are full. It would be marketing, and perhaps sports megahit - said the president Delecty Bydgoszcz, Peter Sienko in an interview with PS. 

What do you think about that?

#GilbertodeGodoyFilhoGiba #Plusliga201213

Giba in Polish League?
Nagor 1445 14
11 years ago
400 000 is too much for 36 y.o. player. Of course, Giba can play very good and 400 000 will be no so much for this, but situation can be different too - Giba can play no so good, and still earn 400000...
Berny 606 6
11 years ago
+3
What about writing in English? Can you do that? not for me, but for all people, who dont speak polish....
NXT 241 3
11 years ago
I think JSW or Bełchatów could easily afford Giba and it would probably be a great choice. And as they say in article... Giba himself would make many more people come to watch matches live ?
InivaridU 504 6
11 years ago
I think he fits perfectly to Resovia ?
VolleyCosterAuthor 3 3
11 years ago
36-year-old Giba is a gold medalist Olympic Games, World Championships and World League volleyball one of the greatest icons of the world. At the end of his career he wanted to present to the Polish fans.

The cost of transfer and more specifically to maintain the player an amount of 400 thousand euros per season. Money is apparently great, but may want to invest in such a star? -. In my opinion, if you want to Giba actually come to our country, this one should be tempted, because for the halls are full. It would be marketing, and perhaps sports megahit - said the president Delecty Bydgoszcz, Peter Sienko in an interview with PS.
doluss 60 3
11 years ago
it is rather impossible ?
Zyta 1332 11
11 years ago
+2
Credibility of author of this article in polish press is expressed in information about Giba's club from THIS season.
GMCnetwork 37 5
11 years ago
I think it's possible. Not for every team of course. If it's the truth, it will be Jastrzębski or Skra.
First of all- Jastrzębski.They love good marketing (not always good for a team but...). And it would be great marketing. I remember Konstantinov, Samica, Abramov, Lasko... almost one great player for one year. Of course this player is great great great great. And his salary is also great great great great. They might have trouble with paying so much money to so many players ( especially when Lasko stays).
Second of all- Skra. But they need to let Kurek go. And it depends on Kurek whether he wants to quit.
Zyta 1332 11
11 years ago
+2
No it's not possible. First of all Giba gets MUCH MORE than 400 000 euros. Second of all, he is 36 yrs old and he just wants to stay in his country, where economy is doing great and league is getting stronger and very tough. And any player from Brazilian NT never considered seriously offers from Poland. Murilo "24 hrs" Endres didn't even remember the name of the club from Poland, who offered him contract, while Piechocki said "We were late 24 hours".
Nagor 1445 14
11 years ago
GMC, my first idea of club for Giba was JW, but... 400 000 eur/$ (probably $) is to much for this player now. He is now somebody like hero on retirement, he can play good, but I think that for 400 000 eur/$ you can find stronger, younger player.

And zyta, are you 100% sure that Gibas manager didnt send offers to polish clubs? I really dont know, I can base only on press, which says sth different.
GMCnetwork 37 5
11 years ago
Come on, Konstantinov was at his age and was the best foreign player in the league.
Nagor 1445 14
11 years ago
GMC, but what about his salary?
GMCnetwork 37 5
11 years ago
Well, I think that the marketing effect would be greater than his salary. But the club needs to play it well.
Zyta 1332 11
11 years ago
+2

Well, I think that the marketing effect would be greater than his salary.

Do you know what are you talking about? Do you know how many contracts for commercials Giba has in his country and how big star he is there? Much bigger than in Poland.
Zyta 1332 11
11 years ago
+2
For 400,000 euro any club in PlusLiga won't even hire Bruno.
GMCnetwork 37 5
11 years ago
"Do you know what are you talking about? Do you know how many contracts for commercials Giba has in his country and how big star he is there? Much bigger than in Poland. "
aaaaand? cause I don't get what it has to do with my response...
RenanZ 1538 15
11 years ago
+2
Guys, 36 years old for GIBA is not that much. Have you seem how phically prepared he is?
Always in a better shape than other 22y players....
Zyta 1332 11
11 years ago
+2
That the marketing won't compensate him salary, while he has more of everything in his country.
Nagor 1445 14
11 years ago
Ok so we are talking about JW or Gibas salary in his country ? I think that GMC wrote it from polish clubs point of view.

RenanZ, sure, he is in better shape than other 22y players, but not every. And there are 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 y.o. players which can give more to club than Giba (I am talking about players worth 400 000$)
GMCnetwork 37 5
11 years ago
That's nice but I wasn't talking about compensating to him anything. I meant the club.
Zyta 1332 11
11 years ago
+2

Ok so we are talking about JW or Gibas salary in his country ? I think that GMC wrote it from polish clubs point of view.

Hey genius, to hire Giba other club has to offer him more. Giba is not charity foundation, unless he helps kids or fighting with cancer. When it comes to playing professionally there is no "You can pay me less". So no, it's not possible. It's not about 400.000, you need at least twice more.
GMCnetwork 37 5
11 years ago
Hahahah, nice. But you're wrong at some point.
It's not the polish clubs who wanted Giba, it's Giba who wanted to go to Poland ( for english mistakes- sorry).
And according to the source (Przegląd Sportowy or something) his manager's offer was 400.000. So if any of our team would agree on that, he would come to play for that team for 400.000 E. Of course another club for example from Russia could give him like 500.000, but we're talking about our league now, and Giba requested for Poland- not Russia. It's the end of his career so I think that if the price was 400.000 and Polish club would agree for that, it would be 400.000.

Of course if any of this info in Przegląd Sportowy was true ?
Zyta 1332 11
11 years ago
+3

Of course if any of this info in Przegląd Sportowy was true ?

Which, considering last year and Murilo "24 h" Endres, who few weeks later denied all the news, is not very reliable source. Giba is represented by huge agency in Brazil. If anyone is curious, my advice is to find it and ask them. But be prepared for big laugh ? Giba is coming to Poland for World League, so we need another reason to ask him if he will play one day in Poland, huh?
doluss 60 3
11 years ago
Zyta - good idea ? Giba in Poland 01.06 ?
pesazi 73 3
11 years ago
+3
Please guys, switch on your brain. There is absolutely no reason why Giba should want to play for a worse club in a worse league and less money.
Wait, maybe he loves the country and got rid of the carnival in sunny Brazil...not.

Zyta already explained, it's a typical newspaper hoax, trying to get some attention from gullible kids.
Roninho 758 13
11 years ago
+4
Pesazi - some people are living a dream but ... nothing is impossible ?
GMCnetwork 37 5
11 years ago
I don't think that we have worse clubs and worse league... Maybe we don't have Brazilian in every team but we can keep any polish player in our league and don't forget, this season we had 4 teams in finals of every european (and world) club tournament.
pesazi 73 3
11 years ago

I don't think that we have worse clubs and worse league... Maybe we don't have Brazilian in every team but we can keep any polish player in our league and don't forget, this season we had 4 teams in finals of every european (and world) club tournament.

Maybe you don't think that, but then you are wrong. Did you ever watch a match from the Superliga? Probably not, otherwise yow knew better. This year's play-offs had an extremely high level. Way better than everything I ever saw in Poland.

You can keep any Polish player? You can't. At least not by offering them money. The best paid player in PLS this year, Zagumny, got about 300,000. Other, better setters get way more. The best paid player in Brazil, Dante, got 1,4 million. Kurek is about to leave Poland, the only reason for him not to do so is that he loves his status in PLS. Check your facts.

You're proud about the international accomplishments? Skra hosted the F4 and Resovia, your champion didn't win the CEV Cup. About the Chellenge Cup... come on, nobody even knows the competing teams.
The World Club Champs are a joke. It's a preperation tournament, nothing else.
Nagor 1445 14
11 years ago

Sad message for some fans - players play ONLY for $$$. Wake up.

And this sentence should close this topic. There is only one reason to play in some club nowaday - money. No money = no good players.

The World Club Champs are a joke. It's a preperation tournament, nothing else.

Hmmm... but it is the only way to compare leagues from Europe and South America (other leagues don't matter). Remember, htat this is preparation tournament for every league, brasil, argentinian, italian, russian and polish... So... Chances are equal.
11 years ago
+1
I thought he was retiring after the Olympics? No?
I would glad to see him play in plusliga! ?
javad 31 2
11 years ago
Really?
NXT 241 3
11 years ago
+2
Giba is retiring fron national team but not from club volleyball I guess ?
RenanZ 1538 15
11 years ago
OK, I heard and read the very same bullsh*ts when GIBA went to play in Russa, on Iskra,
But he did a great season there. I'm sure that if he goes to Poland, it will be great as well, and won't stay longer than 1 or 2 years. Remember, he has a family now, two kids who are getting older and need some stability on their lives. Salary and Marketing are not everything for him anymore.
Someone 875 10
11 years ago
I think that it is rather impossible. Of course 400k euro is too much for Polish clubs. Money is not everything: sports aspects are important too.

@pesazi
We know that You are excited by the Brazillian league, but in fact I watched some matches from it. The game is faster and more interesting to watch, but the level is comparable to Plusliga. In the "World Club preparation Cup" teams fought for the money and Brazillias seamed to be not as greed as You are talking about ?
RenanZ 1538 15
11 years ago
Guys, are we here to discuss the quality of the leagues?
Both of them are great. And to be very honest, the whole organization of PlusLiga is better than our Superliga.
all the matches are well TV transmitted, and by internet too.
Here we barely can see a match in more than one channel, and it only IF don't have any Football match at the same time.

RenanZ 1538 15
11 years ago
+2
...and returning to the main subject, GIBA in Poland, possible YES, likely to happen: NOT
pesazi 73 3
11 years ago
+1
Sure I'm excited about the Superliga. I'm also excited about the Russian Superliga, and even more about Serie A. But the only people who are excited about PLS are the Poles, so strange.
You say the game is faster and more interesting in Brazil, so what exactly makes PLS equal?

You say the Club World Champs can be used to compare the leagues? Besides that there is only one team from each league, which is not enough to compare anything, Sesi lost in the quaterfinals of the play-offs this year against RJX, who didn't advance to the finals either...
Furthermore, this tournament was held when the european leagues were about to start, but there was still a long time before the Brazilian league did. So Sesi was still doing the physical part.

You think they care about the money? Please, the Superliga is ruled by billionaires, owning the clubs. Nobody cares about that little money. Just take the women's tournament: Unilever didn't even care about it and let Sollys Osasco go there. They did, but only with their subs.

Tell me, what have Poles achived so far to make you so proud? Do you really think foreigners care about PLS? Neither Giba nor Murilo would ever consider playing in Poland. Same way Dante laughed last year. There is no foreign star playing in Poland, none.
pesazi 73 3
11 years ago
+1
Chrison, are you kiddin me? The only time a Polish club won the CL was in 77/78. Skra was in the F4 because they hosted it, and they failed every time. Even the Bundesliga has more to offer, lol.

Same thing with CEV Cup. It was never won by a polish team. Kozle and Resovia were runner-ups the last two years, true. But winning against German and Slovenian teams in the semis is not that hard.

Challenge Cup. Wow, finally some results. When I watched the finals with some friends we laughed about the quality.

Be proud of it, that's fine. But don't say PLS is anywhere near the level of the other top leagues.
Someone 875 10
11 years ago
+1
@pesazi
I'm not excited by PLS, but our clubs achieved some medals and depreciate everything is not a good argument.

You say that PLS is anywhere near the level of the top leagues. I would say: PLS is somewhere near to the top leagues. We are chasing them.
saku 1032 9
11 years ago
pesazi, place PlS in your rank, write who is fosrt etc. btw, fisrt you write Bundesliga is more interesting adn next that german club is no hard to beat? i dont know what is your statemant
NXT 241 3
11 years ago
Lol no foreign star playing in Poland? Łasko, Grozer, Millar (last season) or Samica are not (or used to be) international volleyball stars?
pesazi 73 3
11 years ago

I'm not excited by PLS, but our clubs achieved some medals and depreciate everything is not a good argument.
You say that PLS is anywhere near the level of the top leagues. I would say: PLS is somewhere near to the top leagues. We are chasing them.

Still, I'm the only one here who argues at least. Giving minuses do not count as argument. "Chasind the others" is nothing else than not being on their level put in a positive way.

pesazi, place PlS in your rank, write who is fosrt etc. btw, fisrt you write Bundesliga is more interesting adn next that german club is no hard to beat? i dont know what is your statemant

Serie A on top, both Superligas following. Hard to tell which league is better, they are so different. Then PLS. Turkey has some clubs with money, but that doesn't make a good league. Forget about Greece. France is okay, Bundesliga suffered under Friedrichshafens domination. Maybe this year helps to make some changes.
I never wrote Bundesliga is interesting, what are you talking about? I said they are more successful in the CL, as VfB won it and no Polish club did. Please don't tell me about Plomen Milowice...

Lol no foreign star playing in Poland? Łasko, Grozer, Millar (last season) or Samica are not (or used to be) international volleyball stars?

You consider a 34 year old Millar as a star? And a 30 year old Samica? You should get the difference between good players, former good players and stars. Lasko is good, that's true, but he is not a star either. When he left Italy he definitely wasn't.
I had to laugh about Grozer. Remember he came from Germany and was more or less an international nobody. Now that he is a somebody, he says goodbye to PLS and moves on to Russia.
Nagor 1445 14
11 years ago

And a 30 year old Samica?

I think that 30 isnt much. Look, even in this topic some ppl write, that 36 isnt much for Giba, and he can play very good, so 30 in my opinion is good age for player. Look at Omrcen, Miljković... 30++ and they are awesome and superstars.
NXT 241 3
11 years ago
Ok so you say that Millar or Samica isn't a star anymore because of age but earlier on you gave us example of Dante (32 years? 33?) as a star that was laughing at playing in PLS... And yea... I do consider Millar, Samica, Antiga stars simply because they are... Everyone knows them + they can play at very high level. Isn't it what's making them stars?

And as Nagor said... We can name plenty of SUPERstars above 30...
foxmulder 20 1
11 years ago
Pesazi - So you are saying that Millar isn't a star cause he is 36, Samica isn't bacause he's 30. So following your logic Giba isn't a star too, cause he's 36. Isn't he? What an old weak player he is. Definetely not a star at all. You should be ashamed of your stupidity. And btw. I'm not comparing Millar and Samica to Giba, cause I don't think they are stars too (but Kurek, Grozer, Wlazły, Winiarski, Łasko, Antiga are for example), but I'm just pointing how stupid you are judging players quality by their age.
foxmulder 20 1
11 years ago
And btw. I would love to see Giba in Poland. Resovia or Skra, do something good and give him money he needs. Of course Giba isn't a star anymore because he is above 30 years old (laughing at Pesazi hahahaha) but he would defenitely bring some finesse to PLS.
foxmulder 20 1
11 years ago
Now, when I know that Kurek left Skra for Dynamo Giba has free place in Skra reception. So maybe...
saku 1032 9
11 years ago
I agree with you in one, Serie A on top, true, but brazilian Superliga cant be comapred to russian, Russian leauge is stronger, PLS i equal to Brazill, I dont see many arguments can say that Brazil leauge is better or much better
raylight 3006 15
11 years ago
Please, get more Bulgarian players in Polish League, it's been a while since we had players there, excluding Metodi Ananiev
Roninho 758 13
11 years ago
+4
Pesazi - some things do not you explain to people: D Let it go: D

The only stars that were in the Polish league are: Lasko, Konstantinov, Antiga, maybe Abramov - it's all.

People do not kid yourself, but for example, Samica, Rouzier or Millar and others are European stars but not world stars.
GMCnetwork 37 5
11 years ago
+2
The difference between PlusLiga and Serie A and other "super ligas" is that we don't spend money we don't have. Lots of Polish players came back from there because they didn't get their salaries. And as I can read today, Sisley and 2 other teams are in trouble because of money.
11 years ago
Soo Poland has the most money?
11 years ago
Hehe...like kids in kindergarden;p. So for you stars in poland are (last seasons) samica, grozer, antiga, lasko, abramov, rouzier etc. etc. all you people (polish ones and RFN one) forgot about: WLAZLY, WINIARSKI, SWIDERSKI, ZAGUMNY, KUREK ETC. ETC. The are real stars in our league senores and senoras. That's all folks
11 years ago
Btw. Definetely in last 2-3 seasons. 1- italy, 2 - russia, 3 - poland... In next season we will see. Maybe russian league will be first. Brazilian league have (like RFN friend said about our league) old BRA players without realy good foreigns. They show this in world club championship (all editions)
pesazi 73 3
11 years ago

Pesazi - So you are saying that Millar isn't a star cause he is 36, Samica isn't bacause he's 30. So following your logic Giba isn't a star too, cause he's 36. Isn't he? What an old weak player he is. Definetely not a star at all. You should be ashamed of your stupidity. And btw. I'm not comparing Millar and Samica to Giba, cause I don't think they are stars too (but Kurek, Grozer, Wlazły, Winiarski, Łasko, Antiga are for example), but I'm just pointing how stupid you are judging players quality by their age.

Right, Giba is not the same player as he was before, but he is still very good. And more than that he was not only a star compared to players like Samica, he was the best and most complete player in his era. Calling me stupid? Don't behave like a teen, what you probably are. Doesn't make you look too smart yourself. Btw I was told evil chrison gives warnings to users calling other users stupid, lol.

To everybody calling Kurek, Samica, Millar, Antiga, Grozer, Guma... stars. Giba was awarded MVP in major events four times, won the OG, the WL eight times, World Champs three times and more. I don't say players have to achieve as much as he to be considered a star, but all your excitement about your "stars" should not prevent you from realising that all those players combined have pretty much nothing. Don't tell be about Millar being Olympic champion. It was Brazil's internal problems and injuries, plus Ball, Stanley and Priddy and coach McCutcheon (who are stars) who achieved that. None of them playing in Poland in their prime! So shocking!

NXT, they are stars because they are known? Nobody knows or cares about them outside of Europe. And according to success, I trust a Brazilian more than anybody else when it comes to vball knowledge.

Now to the Brazilian superliga. I'm sure most of you don't even know what you are talking about, as you don't have the possibility to watch it. Brazil has players in their league, which would easily play in the Polish NT. Brazilians unknown players like Lorena or Vini are more interesting then Poles in their NT. Quiroga and Leal are going there, though Brazil doesn't need them.

Who goes to Poland? Minor stars like Samica, unknown like Grozer (now he left).

One last thing about Kurek. What exactly makes him a star? Hitting "into the 3rd meter". Being a teen star? Or rather disappearing in important moments, choking every time when the team needs him? But even Kurek didn't stay in Poland, he knows where he can finally become a better player and get more money. GMCnetwork, I thought PLS can keep every Polish player?

@kapitan_bomba, if you have a problem with Germany, don't bother me with that. It's not too hard know what RFN means.
Nagor 1445 14
11 years ago
Cytat użytkownika bardzo dobrze znającego się na rynku brazylijskim z forum siatka.org

Sytuacja mniej więcej wygląda tak, że na razie polskie kluby są gotowe zawrzeć z nim kontrakt na kwotę nie przekraczającą około 300 tys. dolarów. On natomiast oczekiwałby tak jak pisałem około 500 tys dolarów. Przy czym na ile poważnie traktuje tę sprawę może świadczyć fakt, że na razie nie rozpatruje wcale propozycji z brazylijskiego Vivo/Minas oferującego kontrakt na kwotę 800 tys. dolarów, bo jak twierdzi, grał już w trzech z czterech najlepszych lig (Brazylia, Rosja, Włochy) i chciałby jeszcze w tej czwartej zagrać (Polska).

dreamer

Czyli jak widać, transfer jest realny, i Giba raczej wie co to polska liga w przeciwieństwie do Murilo (nie wiedział jaki klub mu proponował konkrakt ? ) Problemem jest kasa i chyba tak zostanie.
NXT 241 3
11 years ago
+1
1st. "Don't behave like a teen..." is just a silly argument making you look even worse. People usually say things like that when they have nothing to say ?
2nd. Don't tell me that USA won Olympic gold because of Brasil problems. I'll use a silly (or maybe not?) argument similar to the one in 2nd point - It makes you look like Brasil fanboy. Or a guy like many of my mates who are Real Madrid fanboys. Real NEVER loses because it's worse team. It's referee, injury, crowd, sun, stadium, ball etc. etc. that makes them lose. USA just had an amazing team and Millar (+ Lee god damn it. What a shame that Stanley's and Ball's amazing performance made so many people forget about USA mid blockers) was a part of that team. He scored a lot of important points and he made his team win exactly the same way others did - he did his job. And if Brasil had some troubles it's not making USA achievement less valuable by ANY mean.
foxmulder 20 1
11 years ago
to pesazi - what makes Kurek a star? For example, maybe a little fact that Dynamo Moscow wanted him in their team, the same time that Zenit bought Juantorena to their team. It could be a sign that he's considered as a star in Russia (or at least player who is a good answer to Zenit buying Juantorena). They would not buy player who is just good, or very good, they always buying best players of the world because they can afford it. Do you think they would give him 500000 euro for a season if he wasn't a star in their eyes? Really?
And your answer about me being a teen cause I think your opinion about players above 30 cannot be stars was stupid (like it wasn't) is very lame btw. And you're not getting smarter at all.
saku 1032 9
11 years ago
NXt is right, pesazi, you can not say Brazil lost of thier problems, its silly, while team USA was amazing, thier DEFENCE, even what you think - these MB were doing grat job not only on the net but aslo in defence, dont you remember final atch and poor Brazil trying to score? pls, you are smart guy, you know it
foxmulder 20 1
11 years ago
Saku, are you sure about your last sentence? I don't see any proof of that statement. Oh I'm such a teenager. Sorry. I can't help it.

1 2 »

Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking