German star Grozer to miss 2011 FIVB World League

NightFox 2011-04-27 • 4580 views • 11

German star Grozer to miss 2011 FIVB World League Frankfurt, Germany, April 27, 2011. Germany’s hopes for a great campaign in the 2011 FIVB World League may be severely sidelined by the absence of opposite György Grozer, who is currently nursing an injury on his right arm with some medical treatments and will be out for at least 2 months.
“Of course the diagnosis was a real shock for me” says Grozer, who was feeling cold fingers and hence went to Düsseldorf to get the advice of Dr. Toni Kass, the medical doctor of the national team. Kass, supported by the chief physician of vascular surgery at the hospital of Düsseldorf-Gerresheim, diagnosed the so-called “Raynaud syndrome”, which is actually quite common among Volleyball players. “I am confident that he will be able to play again for the start of the next season” said Dr. Kass. This past March 31 Grozer had traveled to Italy for another consultation that actually confirmed the opinion of Dr. Kass.
Grozer, the best scorer of Poland’s national league during the regular season as he starred there for Asseco Resovia RZESZOW, could not help his club for the Playoffs. Under his own responsibility he nevertheless played the consolation final with Asseco eventually finishing third with a great contribution from the German opposite. “I was really looking forward to the season with the national team” says Grozer, “and the World League was a perfect preparation for the European Championship coming up next September in Austria and Czech Republic. I will work hard to get fit and ready for this event”.
Grozer enjoyed a great 2010 season, being regularly included in the starting six by coach Lozano – thus taking over the spot of Jochen Schöps – and finished the 2010 FIVB World League as the second best scorer of the league round.

#GeorgGrozer #WorldLeague2011

Temporarily disabled
Wilfredo_is_MarshallRS 4186 20
11 years ago
His serve and ace percentage is 100%
Fadhel AbbasBH 1513 14
12 years ago

I love this player a lot
he is ambition
samuelekeBE 393 8
12 years ago
After the game VS Belgium seen, this is the best opposite of Germany ?
ZytaPL 1332 11
12 years ago
+1
Ok, so only Brasil and Argentina will play with normal starting six ?
Kk15IT 1301 11
12 years ago
also Berezhko won't (probably) play at the WL. He probably needs a surgery to fix his knee/knees.

Kk15IT 1301 11
12 years ago
yes sorry!! I'll edit=)
sakuPL 1032 9
12 years ago
Kk15 Eurpoean Leauge? you mean European Champs.?
Kk15IT 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
ahah it was a joke i didn't expect an answerXD =)
ZytaPL 1332 11
12 years ago

Is there a team that can count on his normal starting six for the WL???

Brazil? Russia?
Kk15IT 1301 11
12 years ago
Is there a team that can count on his normal starting six for the WL???

I wish he'll be ready for the European Champs!!
NightFoxBGAuthor 1457 14
12 years ago
One more player with cold fingers ?
Join the list of players looking for a volleyball clubAre you looking for a new volleyball club?Join the listJoin the list of players looking for a volleyball club
Are you looking for a new volleyball club?Join the list