Extra court problems and deceptions mark the first phase of Brazilian League

blokaut_net 2012-03-17 • 4846 views • 21

Translations: PL
Extra court problems and deceptions mark the first phase of Brazilian League The first phase of volleyball SuperLeague ended last weekend, but despite the quality of the teams, the star rosters and very balanced men's league, what was sawso far was a championship marked more by difficulties extracourts than the high level of the matches.

UOL Sports list below highlights of the main problems and negative points in the League so far:

RACISM

The episode in which the MB Michael, from Vôlei Futuro, was harassed and called a 'fag' in the Superliga 2010/2011 was not let in the past. This season, the racist came back to appear in the headlines. The most emblematic case was the one with Wallace, the opposite from Sada/Cruzeiro, called "monkey" by a supporter during a game against the Vivo / Minas. The player's team lost, and he said he was extremely upset with the situation, which is still being reviewed by the CBV and the STJD. In the last round of the woman's Superleague, the problem would be repeated, now with Dami Ramirez, from Usiminas / Minas, who said she was called "black shit" in the duel against Rio do Sul.

PRECARIOUS GYMS

Despite having some of the most valuable players in the world, the volleyball superleague does not have well structured gyms. That was sure in the first stage of the season 2011/2012, when at least two courts showed clear their problems. The gym of Montes Claros suffered from the gutters, which stopped at least three matches. The club was fined only R$ 500, which is considered negligible. In Capoeirão, gym used by Cimed / Sky, happened one of the most unusual scenes in the League. Because of the heat and humidity, the court was wet and delayed by more than two hours in the game between the team of Santa Catarina and SESI. The Sao Paulo team lost and complained of having to play under these conditions.

BAD REFEREES

Commonly attacked in football, teh referees has become the center of attention also in volleyball games this season. Despite the introduction of a microphone on the lapel of the referees in games with TV broadcasts to be more clear markings to the public, what we saw was a series of errors that angered the players and made even opponents came together in complains in some matches. Doubtful balls took out the athletes and coaches patience, and yellow cards rolled loose in this first phase.

CBV CRITICIZED

The problems with gym and referees were just some of the complaints that CBV had to listen and, at least so far failed to resolve in Superliga. The tight schedule is also still being criticized by athletes, but one particular case caused the anger of athletes and fans. Londrina requested the postponement of a game against Cimed due to a stomach bug which affected almost all players in the team, but the organization argued that there was no time for the suspension of the duel. In court, the team from Paraná, which were already living a bad phase in the championship, played poorly, lost, and a player even fainted not having conditions.

BIG STARS INJURED

Because of the increasingly tight schedule of volleyball, the Superliga 2011/2012 had to stay without some of its main stars. Selectable as Murilo, Sheilla and Mari were spared in certain rounds, others like Wallace, Fabiola and Jaqueline injured and still there were those who not even came into court, as Natalia, who is still recovering from a tumor in the shin, and Giba, who had undergoing knee surgery. To complete the American Hooker missed Sollys/Nestle on two occasions, with problems at least peculiar. First, injured her hand after fighting with boyfriend and give a punch on the table. Then she missed a game for taking a spider bite and having an allergic reaction.

DISAPPOINTMENT OF RJX

The quarter-final of the Superliga is starting this week, and RJX can even surprise the favorites and come to the final of the tournament. What we have seen so far, however, was a major disappointment of the team assembled to win titles and bring back Rio in the setting of male volleyball. Even with the selectable Dante, Lucão, Marlon, Allan and Theo, the team created by billionaire Eike Batista has not played well, won only 12 of 22 matches and only managed to triumph in three of the 10 derby matches that played with major league teams (SESI , Cimed, Vôlei Futuro, Minas and Cruzeiro)."

More on: http://www.inside...ID=142517#post142517

And: http://blokaut.net/aktualnosc/1176

#BrazilianSuperliga201112

Temporarily disabled
NightFoxBG 1457 14
12 years ago
+2
The level of the game in brazilian league is really high for me. The sad thing is that there are not international transmissions very often ...
raylightBG 3006 15
12 years ago
Revan, if Stoychev counted more on the block, he could have taken Todorov, who showed that there is a way to stop or make it tough for Russian teams even in relatively weak team like Yugra where two players dragged them to quarterfinal playoff with some help from Rodychev / young player who can spike over some huge blocks / but you need stone wall block for that. Stoychev doesn't care much for the block and relies more on serving and spiking unfortunately, at least as results it seems that way. Muserskiy is not an option, his salary would be too huge and Simon is in Piacenza.
ZytaPL 1332 11
12 years ago
+3
We have some great players, who are not playing in NT's, like Ricardo or Wijsmans. I don't think they complain about tight schedule.
ZytaPL 1332 11
12 years ago
+3
But article says injuries are effect of increasingly tight schedule. Giba had no time to recover after WC and he lost whole season. I mentioned Hooker, because her problems were not because if tiredness or tight schedule. Still don't know what president of Superliga or just CBV can do with tight schedule of volleyball, to avoid injuries. Tell FIVB to stop organizing tournaments a year before Olympics? Is nothing to do with Superliga. Of course they don't have to take players from national team, but almost best players are there, so if the clubs want to win, have to take some NT players. It's different when for example players got injuries because of problems with gyms, like for example Samica twisted his ankle during practice before Polish Cup when we tried to put new floor with colours of Polish flag, but one of the colours was too sleepy. But those injuries mentioned in the article are not effect of problems of Superliga.
RevanExtasisPT 746 11
12 years ago
hahah in the end without good midle blockers the thing are lose, come who was the asshole that buy Mitar Dfucker???? or steve brickman ??? i want Todor........ Musersky i want Musersersky and Simon or Simon and Volkov but Volkov dont will go of Zenit there are to many rubles in that team.
RevanExtasisPT 746 11
12 years ago
what??? are you kidding me champion of course you are bulgarian you are making jokes since your born, let me tell you something when trento win his first champions league in that team was playing for me the best setter of the world Old Hands aka Nikola Grbic in 2008-2009 and vladimir nikolov to great players ............. forguet nikolov he is a bulgarian just put in the list Nikola so was a big team and with osmany the team still equal all this time so tell me when strange hair aka Ivan Zaystev arrives to trento he will show the same performance like the duo Osma-Matey with Matey because all will be to that point and maybe trento will have to buy some good central and spend less in old players like Steve Brinkman or Emanuele Birarelli buy Musersky or Todor..... wait that guy is bulgarian to they wanna lose with many bulgarians.

TROLL SCIENCE SAYS: BUYYYYYY SIMONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN thanks for read ?
NagorPL 1445 14
12 years ago
Revan thanks ? I can go sleep now ;D
RevanExtasisPT 746 11
12 years ago
ITS TROLL TIME¡¡¡¡¡

BTW i like the superleague there are a few cubans players like camejo or yadier sanchez the only bad thing is the brasylians players ;/
ZytaPL 1332 11
12 years ago
+3
Okay, if he wants I want to discuss one thing. Why esporte mention Hooker as a problem of the league? She was not injured because big number of games or structured gyms, but actually her injuries were quite weird. I don't know what's more abstract: hitting table and hurting your hand or been bitten by a spider?
NagorPL 1445 14
12 years ago

Hey guys, Nagor is probably crying. He spent the last hour giving me minuses – over 200 (lol). Poor Polaco kid, like I care… It’s not the first time he does this kind of thing. One night, when it was around 11pm in Brazil (around 3am in Poland), I found our little friend alone here doing the same. Maybe he’s in love with me. Poor Nagor… ROFL

I cant give you more than 1 minus ? But it is nice to know that you care about it. I am whole night online.
NagorPL 1445 14
12 years ago
I never said that PLS is great league. Whats more, I dont think like that. But maybe you can tell me more about situation in brasilian league, I am intrested in it, cause I read only good thing about it. And then this article was written.

Secondly

Funny thing, our colleague from Olsztyn, where is hard to get magnetic resonance imaging, didn’t say a word about POL-SVK at 2011 ECh. I can feel a lot of suffering coming from Olsztyn.

Yes, cause I thing that isnt topic about ECh 2011 and WCH 2010.

About prostitution - there is several public houses, one on my street, but 10% is unreal. But you can belive it or not, I dont care. Whats more, I dont live in poor district.

Next - it is good, that you found job for mr Heinowicz, but it still has no connection to volleyball ?

Pesazi, our little friend Nagor must be crying because of you. He was wondering how I could know all those things about PlusLiga, where players don’t get proper physical assistance, among other stuff. There is much more, but I’ll save you guys from reading.

You said nothing new about PLS. There is more and more problems, but still it has nothing to this topic...

Once again - someone can tell more about problems in brasilian league? Or we will talking next months about mafias, prostitues, stolen cars and free world?
NagorPL 1445 14
12 years ago

Typical reaction if you have no arguments in conversation, you will try to focus on different things

Ehh... I agree with you ? I said the same in my last post. Nobody can discuss about problems in Superliga there, everybody tries to focus on different things:

info about PLS, I can read there who is favourite German for Zyta, good advice for my future and what I like and what I dont like ? Great ?

Thanks for support!
ZytaPL 1332 11
12 years ago
+3
Typical reaction if you have no arguments in conversation, you will try to focus on different things. I don't know if we have any rule about off-topic. Do we?
NagorPL 1445 14
12 years ago
Injuries in Olsztyn have other reason.

But look at one thing - the topic is about Brasilian league - my post was connected to problems in brasilian league. champions, hclts, pearls and pesazis was not. Guys, we are talking about 'Extra court problems and deceptions mark the first phase of Brazilian League' or about everything else?

I can see no reasons there to change my new opinion about Superliga. But i can read there info about PLS, I can read there who is favourite German for Zyta, good advice for my future and what I like and what I dont like ? Great ?
pearlIT 1003 11
12 years ago
+4
@champion: once more i've got the proof that we're from the same blood type dear ?

@nagor: really?? you really like some Italian players and Italian clubs?? 'cause honestly i haven't noticed that.

@HCLT: the world is the same wherever you go. Evidently some people accept that, others can't.

@pesazi: LOL
ZytaPL 1332 11
12 years ago
+5

Hmm he thanked several times for good healt care and he said that he want to stay in Olsztyn. Weird. Masohist?

Guy has still conract with the club, right? He won't say anything bad about them.

So your friend lied, there is heating, but not so good. There is cold, but dry. It is more dangerous to play on water than in cold place.

Still more injuries in Olsztyn because of temperature, than in Brazil because of humidity.
ZytaPL 1332 11
12 years ago
+4
@ pesazi you are my favourite German from now on. You defeated even Podolski ?
pesaziDE 73 3
12 years ago
+5
@ Nagor, hey you should become politician. You responded to every point in a polemic way without even proving one of them wrong, lol. You have a talent as a discourser.
NagorPL 1445 14
12 years ago
[qoute]Champion, never mind this poor Polaco kid and his constant offenses. His main targets are Italy, Brazil, Russia, and Serbia – Italians are his favourites by far, God knows why.
What are you talking about? I like Russian players and teams. I like style of Russian volleyball. Secondly - I like some Italian players and italian clubs. Maybe not NT after last WCH.

Have you ever heard about a player called Dallas Soonias?

Yes, this one who never wanted to warm up and had bigger knowledge about everything than coach etc. Professional player.

You know Rick Lambourne, right? First time he played for a Polish club he had so many problems that you’d be shocked to know what he says – Rick has a temper, but I don’t think he’s lying.

Yeah, I can rememer his middle finger to coach of Bydgoszcz after his TERRIBLE play. Really professional behaviour.

Champion, a Polaco friend told me Olsztyn has no heating in the venue.

So your friend lied, there is heating, but not so good. There is cold, but dry. It is more dangerous to play on water than in cold place.

Ananiev was waiting about a week or so to do some tests in Olsztyn because they couldn’t find magnetic resonance imaging in town right away and they didn't take him anywhere else. He's injured, torn ligament.

Hmm he thanked several times for good healt care and he said that he want to stay in Olsztyn. Weird. Masohist?

Grozer constantly complains about the huge holes in the Polaco roads.. Yes, they waste long hours travelling by bus, not plane or train. Unbelievable! Grozer says that traveling by bus so many hours on the Polish roads is terrible for the team.

Are we still talking about volleyball? Cause I watched scary video about Rio de Janerio, where journalist was killed by drug cartel. For sure it is better and safe for everyone. Players too.

And again - tell to your many Russian friends whatever you want, but I like their league, NT, clubs, players and cheap fuel. I like their language, lifestyle and behaviour. You have wrong info about me, I am shocked cause I though that you know everything about everyting.
NagorPL 1445 14
12 years ago

STOP with these racist comments towards any nation (Italy, Brazil, Bulgaria etc.) for God's sake!!!!!!

Man, I really though that brasilian league is nice organised, but after read this article I think i was wrong. I cant write anything good about league, where players are fainting because some ppl didnt want to change date of match... For me it is not civilied...

I've been to Olzstyn, have great friends from there. Don't put a bad name to the people from this city with ridiculous comments like this one, PLEASE!!!!

I am from Olsztyn but I not represent all ppl from this city, I represent only my person.
NagorPL 1445 14
12 years ago
I though that is civilized league... I was wrong, I see.
Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking