Bartosz Kurek: I know I’m important for my national team

blokaut_net 2012-06-17 • 4599 views • 2

Translations: PL
“I know I’m important for my national team, but I still need to raise my game level, improve my skills”, says one of the most powerful left sides in the world, Bartosz Kurek, 24. Being a better passer is something he plans to be as soon as possible, once he knows his flaws in this aspect of the game makes him a target for the opponent’s servers. “I’m always focused on improving, but it’s also important that I make this improvement part of the evolution of our game as a team. Volleyball is getting more and more competitive”, observes Kurek, excited about going to the Russian league, where he’ll play this coming season for Dinamo Moscow, after four years as a top star in Skra Belchatow, Polish strongest club.

The transfer to Russia makes him believe his game will get an upgrade. Also, Kurek is going for his first Olympics and thinks this is an opportunity to give him more maturity. He’ll become even better soon? Bad news for the opponents. “I strongly believe playing in Russia will be fantastic for me. I’ll face taller blocks, skilled players. We have a very good league in Poland, but the Russian league has more international players. Another great experience will be playing in the London Games. This is something unique, it’s an old dream that will come true”.

Going for gold? “Sure”, says Bartosz Kurek. “We are very confident, we can beat any team in the world. We respect our opponents, but we don’t fear anyone”. Since he joined the national team back in 2009, he has been one of the main Polish weapons. So far at the 2012 World League he is one of the most effective hitters.

Source: http://blokaut.ne...ny+dla+reprezentacji

#BartoszKurek

2 comments

EdoKaglieIT 432 4
11 years ago
Good luck
JustiePL 41 2
11 years ago
that was a good decision for Bartek. ? Russian League is second power (or maybe even first) all over the world nowaday and as Bartosz figured out it will be helpfull not only for him and for all national team ? So good luck there!
Get volleyball job offersAre you looking for a new volleyball club?Get job offersGet volleyball job offers
Are you looking for a new volleyball club?Get job offers