Andrea Anastasi: New system of World League is a very good idea

przemek16 808
2012-12-06 • 4990 views • 1 replies
Coach of Polish national team is looking forward to try this new formula of the World League 2013.

"I'm glad we are keeping 8 teams at the finals of this tournament" - said Anastasi.

As we already know, FIVB with a new president Ary Graça have decided to new formula of the World League.
Now we have 18 teams in three group. Two of those groups are extremely difficult, but Andrea Anastasi speaks, that he likes this new idea.

"I've always said that when you are making group division, you have to take things like world ranking under consideration. Every team is fighting for points" - said Anastasi.

He also added that this whole new formula is very interesting - "I like the idea of promoting three out of six teams (from two groups) with participation in finals".

Polish players are certainly happy about their schedule. They won't have to travel so much during edition of World League 2013. They are going to visit only Bulgaria and France. The national teams of Argentina, Brazil and USA will come to Poland.

World League 2013:

Group A: Brazil, Poland, USA, Bulgaria, Argentina, France.
Group B: Russia, Italy, Cuba, Serbia, Germany, Iran.
Group C: Canada, South Korea, Finland, Netherlands, vacancy 1*, vacancy 2*

* Confirmed by the FIVB Executive Committee during its end of year meeting on 15 December.

#WorldLeague2013 #AndreaAnastasi #Poland

Andrea Anastasi: New system of World League is a very good idea
11 years ago
He could not have said it any better!
Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking